Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Enlightened by hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shaker666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaker666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enlightened by hair
    Posted: December 12 2005 at 3:02am
Hello folks!  I've recently grown my hair out and am attempting to develop some kind of hairstyle.  I don't know exactly what I'm shooting for, but given the way my hair grows and who I am, I've experimented with a lot of styles and have simply ended up with wavy, long, thick black hippy hair.  I find that it looks and feels great, but this prompted me to research ways to take care of it since I've either shaved my head or sported very short hair for countless years.  Now that my hair is reasonably long, I've found that it feels very dry after shampooing.  Of course, I haven't used conditioner for years either since I never had any hair to condition.  In any case, I'm keen on hair oil.  I remember seeing some family of mine in India, a long time ago, use coconut oil in their hair.  I did a bit of research and ended up with Aveda's Beautifying Composition with jojoba oil.  I must say, I'm very impressed with the results and the experience has sparked a deeper interest in haircare.  I feel that by mastering the art of wearing healthy hair, I will have made a major contribution to the spiritual quality of my life!
Empowered by hair!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 7:51am
Thanks for your tip, many of us on the Long Hair Support forum here also use oil in our hair.  Most of us use conditioner when washing and oil afterwards.  Welcome to the forums!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic