Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A few suggestions please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Want2b6n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Want2b6n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few suggestions please
    Posted: December 14 2005 at 1:48pm

Hi:

I am a long-time lurker on these hair color boards and I am learning a lot.  I think that I am about a 4 ash natural with some gray around the temples and forhead.  I would like a few suggestions.  I have been coloring my hair with both perm and semi-perm colors for a long time now.  Right now I am a dark brown color, kind of like this

Sort of a Irish-Setter dark brown with red tone to it.  It is ok, livable, but not what I really want.   I really want this.

But, I don't know how.  I have so many tests patches in my hair now that I am turning them into highlights and I have only reached this color with bleach and Redkens EQ 6N (dark ash blonde).  

I did try Colorfix (the shampoo formula) to try and lift the base color a little and that's when I got the Irish Setter look. 

Here is what I thought I could do.  I will Colorfix (full strength) whole head and then tone the orangeish with Redken EQ 6n, which is described as a dark ash blonde.  I liked this on my highlighted strip (which was bleached first).  It was perfect for a highlight but too light for my base color. 

Now, what do I do with the regrowth?  Do I just use a permanent 6A with a 30 developer to lift the virgin 4 ash on the regrowth?   Sort of confused at this point. 

Sorry for the book, but I would appreciate any suggestions. 

Thanks 

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 7:59am
That's a  tough one!  Level 4 is pretty dark, and the color you want is a dark blonde.  You might have to bleach roots only then go for an ash over it.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic