Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair straightening, general questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair straightening, general questions
    Posted: December 24 2005 at 2:14pm
Thanks for backing me up.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 1:20pm
HFO -- 

I do think it was quite rude to criticize you when you hadn't asked for anyone's opinion on your hair.

Famous quote: "Mama always said - 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.'"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 4:43am

Originally posted by pmp4lfjmike pmp4lfjmike wrote:

No she dosent

Yah and I like totally value the opinion of someone who calls himself a pimp. Hope you get male pattern baldness, jerk.

Thanks Dave and Chosen1!

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 7:10pm
It's beautiful.
pmp4lfjmike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmp4lfjmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 4:55pm
No she dosent

THECHOSEN1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECHOSEN1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 4:18pm
^^ u have nice hair
waveing is mental a barrier u must over come

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 2:38pm

Haha very good! I was really biting my tongue from accusing you of being the evil mother from hell or something similar! I was made to keep my hair short(like a boy's) until I was 15 when I just flat out refused to and grew it from there. Now almost two years later my mum feels really guilty. So you can see where I was coming from being all shocked at the controllingness.

Cenescha2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenescha2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 5:58am

Hello there!

O.K. first of all, my last Posting was “ironic”.  

I was just kidding!

I (and my husband) never forced our girls to TR. It was just my girls decision to do this and it was my pleasure to surf the www, drive 250km to Poland, hold their hands (8 hours ) and pay for it (600,- €).

Moreover, in modern Germany, it would be a punishable offence to force your children to a stylist, and that’s right in my opinion. In Poland it’s the same, I think.

Dear neighbour on the British Isle, in my first posting I wrote: excuse my English mistakes. Nowadays it isn’t a problem to find the right vocabularies, but I admit I was a dead-loss in grammar and diction in school - 20 years ago. Sorry! (My German tongue sounds a bit harsh.)

This morning my girls shampooed their hair first time, after the TR - the first time without my help. My daughters weren’t able to do it alone until last Saturday because the length of their hair (Ischa 3’’6, now ’’10). With blow drying and ironing it lasts now just 15 min.

Their hair is straight and shiny, even without ironing.  I haven’t seen any breakage or damage, yet. But it’s feeling thinner and lighter now. (For good reason it’s shorter - no, very short - now.)

Ine and Ischa love it and that will do.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays (choose it for yourself)

Cenescha

PS: The teachers in our sunday school were very shocked about the Makeover. Ine should play Mary in a Christmas Play. Instead of a dark extreme long braid, Mary has now a short light brown haircut. The whole Play is ruined.

Cenescha2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenescha2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 9:59am

Well, yes, maybe I forced them a little. But it doesn’t matter, I think. As a mother I decide so many things for my children, with lifelong consequences, to have a brace, to pull their wisdom teeth, to remove their tonsils, the school, the food, to play piano or not... A haircut has no lifelong consequences and in a year or two they will have their own style and decide for themselves. Now they have no style and my husband and I choose for them.

A good friend of mine, who cut the girls ends and did a non-permanent straightening at their hair every few weeks, recommended the last time a permanent straightening. And my girls, who didn’t’t like the straightening procedure, were interested in this advice. But I don’t think, that Ischa and Ine knew, a permanent hair-straightening is a chemical treatment, like a perm.

I confess, it was only my decision to do this before Christmas. Maybe the appointment to straightening was more a surprise attack by me. And the girls were a little upset, as I told them, the hairdresser is going to cut their hair and do a Chi-Straightening, yesterday.

But it’s done now, and in a few days they won’t miss their long frizzy hair. And they will love their "cruel" mommy again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 7:01am
I got a bit confused by your posts. Isn't it your daughter's choice on whether they get their hair done or not? Maybe you didn't mean it that way but it sounded like you were forcing them into it.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 11:06pm
glad to hear you like it. keep us up to date, many of the side affects i mentioned dont show up right away
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Cenescha2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenescha2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 2:57pm

Too late, it’s done. Now I know the course of a CHI Hair Straightening, first hand.

And I’m totally excited.

My girls look so beautiful now. It’s a miracle.

Cenescha2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenescha2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 8:47pm

And now it's time to go to Poland ! Our appointment is at 9:00 MET. And I think we will be back at 22:00 with long straightened hair or short curls, we'll see.

Keep your fingers cross.

M.  

Cenescha2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenescha2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 6:42pm
Hi Anais, you see I'm still awake, though it's 1:45 am  in Germany. I'm a little nervous, and can't sleep. My husband is on night shift, so I'm alone. My kids are sleeping. Just the cat holds the fort.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 4:56pm

Best of luck for your two girls, Cenescha.  Please come tell us about the experience after it's done.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Cenescha2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenescha2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 9:30am
  Oops. Yes,happens, like we in Germany say,  - too. Thats the risk at every chemical treatment, I think. There is no reason to distrust the hairdresser, or. I will be the whole time with my girls and watch it what he's doing - with argus eyes. Even it will last eight hours. On the homepage of a German salon which works with the Chi system I read, that's possible to dye with the Farouk products at the same day, so we will keep the appointment and do this tomorrow, too. I think its better to do it in one session. So it will be one hard day at the hairdresser with first haircut, straightening and dye, and not a process of two or three weeks. It's difficult enough to direct them to the salon the first time. M.
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 5:42pm
be very careful with the chi transformation system. take a look at this thread. it will explain the side effects that could occur.

learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Cenescha2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenescha2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 5:25pm

Sorry made a mistake,

I just checked my e-mails from the salon in Poland. They work with the Chi Trans. System not with Wella. I think it's a great difference.

Cenescha

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 2:03pm

I see  Well good luck to you and your girls!

I don't know the exact steps, but I'm sure other people will post on this thread to explain the straightening process.

Have a good holiday
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Cenescha2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cenescha2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 1:32pm

Hello Anais!

Well, it’s time that my girls change their look. And so I did the appointment to straightening (and maybe) dye.

They have not really curly hair, because the hair is too long (over the hips) to curl , but round the head is all the time so fuzzy, and the non-permanent straightening products don’t work. It looks so untidy and old-fashioned. So a permanent straightening has to be or the hair has to be cut – short, that the curls could come out. I know, that even with the straightening they have to cut a lot, but my girls surely prefer longer hair with chemical treatment instead of short hair in natural texture. That will be the choice they have on Saturday. We will go to Poland, to the hairdresser, that’s settled. And I know that chemical treatment damages the hair, but if they really care for it, it could be well and I'll help them.

Cenescha

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic