Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

alanis - Blonde

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alanis - Blonde
    Posted: December 17 2005 at 7:41am
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 8:53am
Egads, no!
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 9:38am
That's just awfull!!!
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 10:58am
holy crap, why?! And that is a horrbile shade of blonde on her too!
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 11:28am
Surprisingly, I don't think it looks that bad. It's a dark blonde, and I like
the style (long bangs, wavy, just below shoulders) a lot. I'd still prefer
the look she had just before this:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx ?
s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7c
%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c3%7calanis%
7c-8193%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=3&tag=3

that was longer and darker. But in general I think her hair is looking far
better in all these variations these days than it did when it was really
long.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 11:45am
It's soooo brassy! Is there any vain hope it's a wig?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 12:15pm

First extension, then dyed blonde?  What's next Alanis?  A spread in FHM magazine?

It's like she discovered she's a girl or something! 

FunnyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 12:16pm
Wrong blonde for her skin tone.  But it could be that that's not the final result, maybe she's still working on going blonde.  At least I hope.
¤·· Fµnn¥ Gïr£ ··¤
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 11:17pm
Well I'm in with the rest of you. Yuck. At lest she didn't cut it again.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 4:12am
Remember what she did when she didn't like her blonde fringe? Hopefully she won't do the same or she'll end up bald.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 7:40am
LOL Oh god I can't pic that I bet one of our board memebers could do Fake of that just to see what it would look like.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Rosalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 8:33am
I like the pictures after that though. That's the best hair she's had in a while. Good to see she realises she looks horrible with short hair.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Rosalie Rosalie wrote:

I like the pictures after that though. That's the
best hair she's had in a while. Good to see she realises she looks
horrible with short hair.

Rosalie, I don't know if she "realized she looks horrible with short
hair." That seems a bit presumptuous. She liked her short hair
enough to make its unveiling the centerpiece of her "Everything"
video. I think she's just experimenting a lot in general with colors,
lengths, and style. Some hit, some miss. I'm just glad to see she's
discovering her femininity and having some fun with different looks,
all of which I like more than her former super-long locks.

And yes, I loved her short hair! :-)
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 1:32pm
Ew. It makes her look gross. I prefer the darker hair much better on her. And those red lips. 
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 1:04am

I guess she's taking to heart the lyrics to her remake of Seal's song and applying it to her musical career by constanly and radically changing her looks

" Were never gonna survive unless we get... a.. little crazy"

FunnyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FunnyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 10:30am
Originally posted by DarkHelmet DarkHelmet wrote:

I guess she's taking to heart the lyrics to her remake of Seal's song and applying it to her musical career by constanly and radically changing her looks

True, but I think she would survive just fine without that horrible shade of blonde.  =P 

¤·· Fµnn¥ Gïr£ ··¤
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 3:32pm
It looks okay maybe it's a color that needs to grow on you. She def. needed a change and lately she hasn't been picking good changes. ;)
~* Bambi Lee *~
DarkHelmet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkHelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 1:06am
Originally posted by FunnyGirl FunnyGirl wrote:

Originally posted by DarkHelmet DarkHelmet wrote:

True, but I think she would survive just fine without that horrible shade of blonde.  =P 

I think she would survive too had she never changed her look in the first place.

She was known for such a long time for her trademark long hair.

It's almost like shes trying to make up for all the years she didnt change her look.

Her recent decisions to constantly change her appearnace reminds me of how Madonna would do that and reinvent herself every 6 months back in the 80's

There's definetly something up to her thought process. My opinion goes back to the theory she went so long not changing her looks its almost like since she finally decided to cut her long hair off intially a year or so ago she cant settle on a look or a comfortable image of herself without the long tresses.

Observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 7:35am
She had long hair for years & years. It was awesome, I used to love watching her whip it around in concert. The long hair seemed to suit her personality. Now that she has cut it, she just feels free to experiment with different styles. She had the same basic hairstyle for years, now she gets to change all the time. It seems to me that she is enjoying the chance to change.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 12:16pm

She was on an entertainment show with her new hair,and she said she made the change because she's had the same style for a few years and just wanted a change.She wanted to try something new.

blond on her just looks weird.Maybe it could look better if it werent such a warm color.It could look considerably better if it were toned down.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic