Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which of these PRO hair colors best?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vicki in Oregon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicki in Oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which of these PRO hair colors best?
    Posted: December 17 2005 at 10:12pm

Okay so I had 3 hair consultations. One uses Loreal pro and would do demi color to fix the prob. the other would use Lanza deca something demi color along with toner and the other would use Aveda demi with toner.

I do not know who to see. I know I have to go darker which I hate but need to in order to remove the brassy. The Q is who will add the least amount of damage to my hair and yet make it as little dark as possible. As I posted before, my naturally curly hair super dry and damaged from the coloring and bleaching. I don;t mind a little gold but the copper has got to go so I need them to find a good medium between not too dark adn not too brassy.

I read in my "dont go shopping for hair products without me" that plant derived and all natural is not necessarily all that great. And that is what Aveda advertises. At Aveda she told me the toner has no peroxide and ammonia but I thought there has to be a little peroxide at least for it to work? Or is that only referring to the actual hair color? She is the only one that did a test strand at the consult (the hair dresser I saw did not even do it at the actual appointment!) and it came out darker than I like but at least some brassy gone then.

I spoke with the lady at Sallys that I was told by others that she knows the most and she thought I needed demi color something about level 8 on the scalp where it gold and level 6 everwhere else where it is coppery or was it the other way around...well she did not recommend the clairol shimmerlights when i asked her about them but I am not sure if because she does not think they will work on me or because they don't last. I can take something that does not last if it is not damaging so I can get by. The lady at Aveda also when i asked about blue mulva said no but I did not get a chance to ask why. If I try these anyway will it affect the color I get later?

I still don;t get why some use demi only, others combine demi and toner and one was to use toner only. I want what is most safe and effective. And what is the deal with toner that has no peroxide and ammonia? Doesn;t it need a little peroxide to oxydize and work or is that demi color I am thinking about?

Do I need to wait a while and try to get my hair healthier before I do the demi, toner or whatever gets done? My hair was more recently damaged a week ago.

I am so confused and nto sure what to do. Any ideas? Thanks!

Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 11:50pm

Demi's use a low level peroxide.  A true toner would not use a peroxide and would be the least damaging on your hair. 

I'm sorry but your hair will not get healthier. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicki in Oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 11:28am
Rebekah I just sent you a persona e-mail before I read this so please disregard it. Thank you!!!!!!
Want2b6n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Want2b6n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 3:19pm

Hi Vickie:

I have only read this post but let me put in my "two cents" or "sense" here.  If I were you, I would go to Sallys and buy the Roux Fanci-Full temporary hair color (only lasts until next shampoo) and use it in an ash or the correct tone you need to knock out the brassiness.  This way, you can hold off until and give your hair a rest without looking too bad.  This is very mild. I have used this many times because my highlights are orange and until I find the correct demi color, I am not putting anything else on my hair. 

Good Luck,

Braelyn

Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 12:39am
You know, that actually sounds like a good idea, Vicki. I was going to mention it myself. I have used that stuff before with good results ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicki in Oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 12:45am

Thank you want2b6n! does it help both copper and gold brassy tones? Is it kinda like the Clairol Shimmerlights? I was told Shimmerlights would not work but I may try it anyway, or else the roux you metioned. I assume since it shampoos out that it does not mix with developer? The Sally manager seemed so knowledgable yet she did not mention it. I will go back tomorrow. Thank you again!

Oh and Alayney, did you use it for the same thing? I wish my hair could fix itself as fast as yours post damage. I have been cursed with bad hair. LOL.

Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2005 at 1:01am

That Fanci-Full stuff is just a rinse. You'd have to put it in your hair every time you washed it. I can't really remember why I used it. I THINK it was a time when I put some blonde in my hair that I hated and so I got a dark Fanci-Full to cover it up and it worked marvelously. It is different from the Shimmer shampoo. That works to tone down the color; the Fanci covers it up. You might like it.

P.S. Will answer emails later Vicki. Am being lazy right now!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic