Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curling boyfriend’s hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sarah_mi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarah_mi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curling boyfriend’s hair
    Posted: December 18 2005 at 7:18pm

My boyfriend is really lazy when it comes to his hair, and a lot of the time he waits WAYY too long between haircuts. (He says it saves money if he doesn't go to the barber as often, even though he looks SO much better with it short.) 

So sometimes when it gets long enough, I'll take out my hair curlers and sign him up for an appointment at Sarah's Full Service Hair Salon!  He looks so cute with his hair set in curlers, and he looks so funny when we're finished with all his little ringlets!

Am I the only one who does this, or does anyone else like to give your boyfriends / guy friends makeovers?

TracyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2005 at 5:49pm

That is so great! I've been putting my BF in rollers now for almost a year. He looks sooo cute in rollers   and I love the different styles I can do when he's all curled up! My favorite is a high curly ponytail, cheerleader style. I've also gotten him to wear his hair back in a headband and barrettes.

What kind of rollers do you use? (I usually set him on hot rollers or, if we have time, on Velcros when it's still damp.) Have you taken him to your hairdresser yet? I convinced mine to have his & hers rollersets at my salon -- he secretly loved it. Have you gotten him to sleep in curlers?

Luv to hear more!

sarah_mi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarah_mi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2005 at 11:20pm

Wow, it sounds like your bf is a roller veteran by now!  He sounds like a great guy to be willing to put up with all that.

I normally use hot rollers too, but sometimes I'll be in the mood to use my pink sponge rollers .  I would LOOVE to get him to go to the salon with me so we can both get our hair done, but as much as I think he would enjoy the attention, his manly pride would never allow him to go along with it (unless someone knows a way to get him to agree).  And no, he hasn't slept in them yet, because he always wants to make sure he has time to wash the curls out before anyone else sees them.

Snce he probably won't go there himself, I was thinking that my next step would be to bring the salon to him!  I've been thinking about buying a hairdresser's cape anyway, so maybe I'll get a cute pink flowery one and put that on him while I shampoo his hair in the sink, set his hair, and dry it with one of those hood dryer attachments for my blow dryer.  I think I can get him to agree to all that, but I'll probably have to promise not to take any pictures.

I see that he has an appointment at my salon coming up in a few weeks, I'll be sure to keep you posted!

I'd love to hear any thoughts, opinions, or stories from others, too!

Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 1:11am
I can't believe the guys let you (even in the privacy of home)! When I we were kids I painted my brother's nails and he never let me forget it. (Ended up going to school with it on one time and wasn't happy about it!)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic