Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

And the breakage just stopped!...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: And the breakage just stopped!...
    Posted: December 21 2005 at 9:42pm

This week I did the usual thing to my hair except for
2 weeks now i/ve been washing with CON clarifying,,
its not drying at all( iuse alot ofproduct) I washed with
CON then with NTM and then applied Emergencee
as usual then shampooed with NTM then NTM mask
for about an hour and I notice that my breakage has
really really decreased and my hair is unbelievably
soft and strong,,Im thinking its becuz I didnt use any
heat since the day after the wash and have been just
wearing it with a sort of back flip in the front and
sides,,this method needs NO heat!! which i love,, i
simply sleep in a mini bun( front and top pulled
back) and the rest of my hair in a bun and when i
take down the mini bun its straight at the roots but
theres a big body wave down at the ends and NO
NEED for a flat iron(except a quick once over in the
back), gosh im so relieved that i really dont need that
iron daily anymore,, and i was noticing that when i
did use it daily my hair would get this odd"roughed
up" appearance, prolly cuz the cuticle was opening
up.....
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 2:15pm
Ohh WOW thats good. I'm happy for you...Yeah heat will contribute to breakage and damage so thats good that your using as less heat as possible...You will get and see more improvements as you go along...Congrats and Good luck!
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 10:37pm

thanx girl
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 10:56am

That's great.  Your hair will really benefit from using less heat.  That's what I'm gonna start doing again because when I stopped using heat last summer my hair got so healthy and lately I've been flat ironing every two weeks so I will give my hair a break.  I started noticing more split ends when I started back flat ironing also so now I need a trim.  I haven't had a trim since September so I'm due for one anyway.

Do you have pics of your no heat style? What did you do with it after you shampoo'd?

For my no heat style I think I'm gonna shampoo and then wrap it and sit under the dryer until it's mostly dry.  I will still have to blow dry just a little though and then I'm gonna put it in about 8 big braids so it will come out with big waves.

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 4:53pm
Congradulations- cookiesnkream.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 8:33pm

actually i dont have a no heat style LOL,, i simply
iron just that once a week and from then on I just
make that little bun at night and when i let it down i
dont need heat where as b4 i needed heat on a daily
basis,, my hair already seems to have benefitted
from this
my3boys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote my3boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 12:12am
Help.  My hair is falling out.  In long strands.  I had surgery in August.  I then started taking Singulair for allergies.  I read articles about the singulair.  I stopped taking the singulair.  I now have broke peices of hair throughout.  My stylist flat irons me and she swears that flat ironing will not hurt it.  Everyone else thinks she should roller set me.  What do I need to do. what produts?  What will stop it from shedding/falling out.
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 12:01pm

Originally posted by cookiesnkream cookiesnkream wrote:

actually i dont have a no heat style LOL,, i simply
iron just that once a week and from then on I just
make that little bun at night and when i let it down i
dont need heat where as b4 i needed heat on a daily
basis,, my hair already seems to have benefitted
from this

Oh okay, I see what you're saying.  I was thinking you meant that you wern't using heat at all.  That is still a great improvement, to go from everyday to once a week.  Your hair will benefit greatly.

princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2005 at 1:02pm

Originally posted by my3boys my3boys wrote:

Help.  My hair is falling out.  In long strands.  I had surgery in August.  I then started taking Singulair for allergies.  I read articles about the singulair.  I stopped taking the singulair.  I now have broke peices of hair throughout.  My stylist flat irons me and she swears that flat ironing will not hurt it.  Everyone else thinks she should roller set me.  What do I need to do. what produts?  What will stop it from shedding/falling out.

I agree, you should ask for a roller set until your hair stop breaking bu your hair could be breaking because of the medication

4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic