Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Dominican hair product reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
CRISBELL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRISBELL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2006 at 9:43am
THESE ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN SALERM WHEAT GERM CONDITIONER:

Aqua (water), cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, isopropyl alcohol, triticum vulgare (wheat germ oil), panthenol, propylene glycol, amodimethicone, polyquarternium 11, trideceth-12, sodium methylparaben, parfum (fragrance), citric acid, C&gt;I&gt; 19140 (FD&amp;C Yellow num.40)

SALERM PRODUCTS ARE FROM SPAIN

Edited by CRISBELL - September 27 2006 at 9:47am
Claudie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2006 at 11:59pm
I use some Dominican products, with absolutely no problem.

kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2006 at 11:13pm
i have been reviewing the dominican products.
i was wondering if anyone knows the difference between
a conditioner and a cream rinse.

Are they both the same thing?
when do you use a cream rinse instead of a conditioner.

please help!
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 4:13pm
Hi kellie, conditioners are usually thick and creamy & a rinse is a lighter, more fluid consistency. I use Kiehls coconut rinse after doing my deep conditioning because it helps to smooth the cuticle but doesn't weigh the hair down so there is still bounce to it. I tried using Capillo milk and honey rinse but the mineral/peotreleum disagreed with my hair. HTH
Hair album
pw:Romeo
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2006 at 4:55pm
My parents are of Black and Native American Descent but my hair is thicker than theirs. Dominican products work fine for me. And their are plenty of other races with kinky hair like ours. I have an Asian friend who has extremely kinky hair. It depends not only on genetics of the individual person, but also on environment and diet for what workes for you hair.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2007 at 2:52pm
I just tried Silicon mix! I don't know why I waited to try this product because it is amazing! I was alittle put off by mineral oil being the 2nd ingredient (i avoid petrolem & mineral oil like it was the plague lol) but I mixed it with Misskeys 10en1 and it was a wonderful moisturizing protein treatment. (smells like soft baby powder not overpowering at all) I was able to detangle the hair with my fingers and the hair felt moisturized and strong at the same time...this may have to replace Aphogee Intensive treatment. My hair is still sooo soft today I can't keep my hands off it!
*Highly recomend for transitioners and all.

http://www.sickbay.biz

Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethycone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone, Keratin, Ceramide, Diazolidinyl Urea and Lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Edited by blackhoney112 - May 17 2007 at 2:56pm
Hair album
Urbanplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urbanplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2007 at 10:47am
I noticed that some of these products use Petrolatum or Mineral Oil as their 2nd or 3rd ingredient and for me it contributed to a tacky feeling and no real moisture so I think that's why Salerm may be so great for some people-it doesn't have petroleum products in it.
I'm in!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 9:36am
Yea I think ur right Urbanplan...I tried Capillo M&H and my hair hated it and it was loaded with petroleum and mineral oil. I think the silicon worked for me because I cut it with misskeys 10en1 :-)
Hair album
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic