Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

acne and pimples?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xtrem3boi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtrem3boi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: acne and pimples?
    Posted: December 27 2005 at 11:10am

I am a ignorant seventeen yr old male ,who  know not much about skin care and i am recently concern about skin care..

my pimples is coming out ... sometimes @ chin , nose or cheeks .... @ my cheeks the pores are bigger.. what to do? pls help me !! thanks

and when i have pimples , issit appropriate if i apply mostruriser ?cause my skin is abit dry ...

or if u gt any suggestions for me , feel free to post ..

THANK YOU very much ...

KingJames23 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 5:49pm
get some proactiv man that stuff works like a charm
B.M.F PIMPIN WE NOT A SQUAD WE A MOVEMENT.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 7:43am
If you are just getting them now, at seventeen, this is kind of late for it to be a chronic problem.  (For me it was chronic - I had it since I was 12 and none of the over the counter stuff ever worked, so proactiv is the best cure for me).  However, since you are just getting it at seventeen, try the drugstore astringents and benzoil peroxide creams first since they are a lot cheaper.   They may just be enough.  Drinking lots of water and changing your pillowcase every 2 days helps a lot too.  If they do not help, I agree, go for proactiv. 

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 8:55am
I've had acne and always done what the dermatologist told me. I put harse things on my face. Lately I started taking flaxseed oil for eczema and have noticed my face appears clearer. I have yet to break out with ance too! I have stopped taking the oral drugs when I started taking flaxseed oil. I continue with the topical though.

I take 2-3 teaspoons of flaxseed oil (kept in the refrigerated section of your local health food store...oil is better than teh seed and tablets!)
And I take one tablet of vitamin E 400 iu along with the flaxseed oil due to the oil becoming rancid easily!

You need to refrigerate it since that helps keep it fresh. Also I use Barlean's Organic Flaxseed Oil.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
xtrem3boi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtrem3boi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 11:30pm

im very glad taht u guys tried to help me ... i will try it out .. thanks you !! how about the my big pores lol.... its like a small hole .... u mean this pimples may nt be puberty stages anymore?

Meanwhile , i hope more people can post their comments too :X

Thank you fellow Earthmates

IcyFire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IcyFire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 5:41am
You need to have a steady skincare regimen. In the morning and evening, wash your face with a product. Something fit for you skin type. I have combination skin (oily t-zone) so exfoliating did wonders for my acne. I no longer have acne.
Visit the Bright Skin Forum
http://excoboard.com/exco/forum.php?forumid=65288
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 6:55am
If you're only just getting them at seventeen, its a little unusual.  I wonder if something hasn't changed about your habits?  Something as little as touching your face more can make you break out (you get oil/dirt on it from your hands).  For large pores, the only thing that can really have any effect on the size (from what I've seen) is to rinse your face with cold water after you're finished washing it.  The cold water shrinks the pores and can help reduce oilyness.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 10:11pm
yeah cold water is almost like an astringent
Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
Brownmocha78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownmocha78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 3:28pm
Your diet is an important factor as well in the health of your skin... what type of foods do you eat ?
Alina
Spirituality Norishes the Soul
mary11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mary11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2008 at 1:30am

It's a fact - curing acne can never be achieved by tackling one of the many factors responsible for acne.  If you've ever tried to cure your acne using one-dimensional treatments like antibiotics or even detox diets and failed it's probably because you tackled only one aspect of the disease. 

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 21 2008 at 11:10pm
lilly213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilly213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2008 at 7:27am
sorry i dont have much information about it but i will try and than give some information about it... THanks..

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 21 2008 at 11:04pm
leonardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 9:41am
Try this simple remedy. Wash your face twice a day in warm salty water. This should leave your face oil free without aggravating the pimples like soap. The secret of keeping the skin clear is to keep it oil-free and clean.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 21 2008 at 11:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic