Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I’m back and feeling better :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m back and feeling better :)
    Posted: December 27 2005 at 8:31pm

Hi everyone.  I've finally healed enough to be able to sit at my computer for longer periods of time   My surgery went well and I'm feeling stronger every day.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.  Amongst my presents this year, was a calendar by artist Kinuko Y Craft called "Goddess".  There are so many beautiful images of women with looooong flowing hair in it!  It will be a source of inspiration for me this year I think.   If you want to see what I'm talking about, click here

Also, I went shopping in the after Christmas sales today (for a short time as I still can't walk for very long) and I saw a girl working in a bookstore with FABULOUS hair.  It was about my colour (I bet she uses Henna!), but it was loooong (waist length) and straight.  She had it in two plaits which were both of a decent thickness, and a straight across blunt-cut fringe.  Her hair was soooo shiny and healthy looking.  She topped the whole look off with funky little black-framed glasses.   Stunning! I loved it   I told her so, and she looked at me a little strangely. Oh well, great hair like that just has to be complimented.

My own hair is over the 20 inch mark now, so I'm interested to see just how far up the 20-somethings my hair can get this year!  Of course I will post pics and measurements frequently

Btw, has anyone seen PurpleBubba recently?

Sorry to ramble on a bit, just wanted to catch up with everyone

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Paulbob View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 10:06pm

missrini

I am really glad you are feeling allot better missrini  and one more thing that I have to say is your red hair color and length is absolutely gorgeous on you!!!!!

Paulbob

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 10:53pm
MissRini! Welcome back You were definitely missed! I'm excited by your hair growth (I am closing in on 19 inches). The calendar looks beautiful. You will have equally long lovely red tresses soon. Glad you are feeling better
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 4:39am

hi miss rini! welcome back! This is the picture of the hair colour im wanting to acheive by henna, the bottom half of the hair is the colour im wanting, Btw what happend to ur legi wasnt here b4 u went away. Hope u get well soon!

Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 7:37am
Hey Missrini, welcome back! I'm glad to hear everything went well and
that you are feeling better. I also measured yesterday, (@ 20") I'm happy
with that number, considering I was at 19" on Dec 1!!! ( I think there may
have been some variables ... like waviness and volume ... I just can't
believe my hair grows that fast ) but hey, 20" is 20" if you ask me! So
yeah, I'm rambling...

MsMNK, who's ever hair that is in the picture... wow. Beautiful! Shiny and
a lovely color as well. It reminds me of my boyfriend's sister's hair. She's
got the most lovely color and texture of hair...yet..she doesn't really care
to style it. Most of the time it's in a pony tail. If I had red hair, it would be
my premiere feature. I'd grow it long and do all kinds of crazy up-do's
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 7:42am
Hi Missrini!
Welcome back
I hope that everything heals well and that you will be able to walk like normal again.
I adore your curly red hair! So unlike my own, not fair!

trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 9:17am
Sorry to hear that you've been sick - hope you get totally well again ASAP! :)
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 11:26am
Hiya! Glad you're feeling better! Hope you had a good Christmas.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 1:51pm

Welcome back.Glad to hear your doing better.I know after each cesearean  It took awhile to do normal things like sit and lay comfortably.I know its not the same as what you had done but similar enough I can totally sympathize. I love that calendar.The pictures are beautiful.Its nice to hear everyone is growing.

And there have been times when I complimented people with long gorgeous hair and they looked at me like I was crazy,lol.One lady looked at my hair after and was like well I DONT use dye,lol.which is funny cause I was about two minutes away from getting dyed again.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 6:45pm

Hey, it's great to catch up with you all again

MrsMNK, I have PM'ed you about the henna again. Hope that helps! Btw, it was not my leg that was the problem...I had quite a severe abdominal hernia (caused by having 3 babies in just over 2 years). It's fixed now, but it was major surgery and it will take some time to heal

Sugaree...yay..we're at about the same length! My next measure will be on the 10th January. When do you measure?

longhairdreams...OMG your hair looks so long!! Nice new ava!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 11:11am
I'm so glad you're feeling better missrini!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 12:31pm
Rini, I'm so glad to see you back here chatting with us. I measured my
hair for the first time ever on Dec 1st (19") So I got a little impatient and
did my second measurement on the 27th (20"!) I'm going to try to make it
a point to do them at the beginning of each month... but sometimes I just
can't wait. Growing hair can be very exciting!
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 2:59pm
Glad you are back and feeling better!  That is great that your hair is over the 20 inch mark, that is a big milestone, of the path to growing it long!
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 7:56pm

Hi Rini, welcome back! I'm glad to hear the surgery went well.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 12:24pm
Sugaree, congratulations on your 20 inch measurement! Way to GO!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic