Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Calories and fat in a plain bagel?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calories and fat in a plain bagel?
    Posted: December 29 2005 at 7:55am

Could anyone tell me the approximate calorie and fat content of a fresh, regular-sized plain bagel?  The pack here tells me there's 200 kcal and 2g of fat in 100g of bagel, but I have no idea whether 100g is half a bagel, one third, one quarter, whatever!

I'm not actually on a diet, just don't like to eat anything "unknown".

Thanks! 

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:03am
Food labels can be tricky like that -_- .  Usually they list the nutrition content based on one serving, which is not always the same as how it's packaged (I've seen things like muffins where one serving was 1/3 a muffin-- who cuts their muffins into thirds?).  If it doesn't tell the size of the individual bagels on the package, try dividing the total weight on the package by the number of bagels in the package, or by the number of servings the label says the package contains.
More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 2:31am

Thanks for that.

I found out that an individual bagel weighs 70g and has about 175 kcal and 1.8g of fat.

I think I will stick to porridge!

always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 9:09am
175 cals per bagel...damn that isn't much! It's also actually worse to eat very little during breakfast. If you eat more you will be less hungry when lunch rolls around and the body's metabolism gets a kick start with a decent breakfast.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 2:27am
Thanks for that.  I am not actually on a diet, just curious.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 11:04pm
Must be smaller bagels than the ones they have here.  The last ones we had in the house had 300 calories per bagel O_o !  They were huge, though, and very filling.  If you ate one of those, you wouldn't be hungry for hours.
More awesome than a manatee!
mark9159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark9159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 7:53pm

bagels are the biggest calorie ripoff there is...well one of the biggest. for a whole bagel..you could have 2 servings of cereal...or 9 servings of egg subsitute...or enough whey protein to give you over 100% of your recommended protein each day.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic