Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my face looks long!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my face looks long!
    Posted: January 01 2006 at 9:14pm
I tried this once before and stupid mozilla closed my broswer on me. 

I will keep it short:
  • My face looks long in my current "style"
  • I am growing my hair out to a little bit below shoulder length and I am about an inch away from it touching my shoulders
  • My face does not really look long if I pull it back or from older pictures
I want a style with texture (but I hate bangs...except long side swept) that is a little below shoulder length or longer! Anything between 2-5 inches below the shoulder is what I was wanting. I'm just so lost on what I want. I'm afraid it will all make my face look long. I have somewhat thick hair that is mostly straight.

Picture of how I always wear my hair (face looks droopy):

Other pictures that show my face features better:

Maybe I have a long face and I do not realize it. But my hair makes me look terrible! Suggestions...comments...anything!

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 10:58pm

I agree with your assumption that the style will make your face look longer.  Bangs will shorten a face, but you don't want those.  MMmmm...I guess the only thing left that I can think of would be to get the long swept bangs and some layers swept back around the cheek to mouth area.  This will open up the face and make it look wider thus having a shortening effect to the length.  The straight hair covering the sides of your face in the first pic only helps to lengthen your face (and make it droopy)

Good Luck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 12:09am
removed

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 10:20am

The difference main between your top picture and the older ones is that you are smiling in the two old ones - and look fantastic.

Nobody looks good staring po-faced into a camera, (without make-up?) - its how they take the "before shots" in makeover articles!

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 12:30pm

That's terrible about what "zeljo" said,  just totally ignore it, he's a moron.  You are a lovely girl.  I've read that people with long faces should have their hair cut a little above chin length or a little below.  Anything longer will make your face look longer.  All the celebs you see with long faces (Jennifer Aniston) that have long hair and it looks great is because they have fashion/hair stylists working on their hair to keep is looking so good.  Goodluck!

I really like the pictures of your hair length in your pic with the pink top and curly hair, and the one next to it, and you are wearing a white top and black skirt.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by zeljo4never zeljo4never wrote:

damn uz an ugly bitch!!!

glad you are banned. I hope it is permanent.

Moving on. I've been looking at cuts that frame the face. I know the bob I had looked cut on my when I last cut my hair to straighten out it while it grew. I might go in soon and get a cut. Oh and I went back and fixed my picture...it's happier looking.
Here's the style I've been looking at (shorter though):

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
ChelseaB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChelseaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 1:35pm
Zeljo is a ass, glad he is finally banned. He has been calling everybody ugly, which of course you aren't! You have a very pretty smile by the way. Long hair does make people with longer faces make them look even longer. Since the eye goes down the length of the hair, pulling the face with it. I would go with shoulder length hair with the long sideswept bangs, and some long layers. And you look super cute with the curly style in the pink top picture.
Chelsea~*
www.myspace.com/chelsea_nicole_boyd
Hair Type: 1a/1b-N-ii
Pampinetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pampinetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 3:07pm

First of all, I agree with the other posters: you look very cute with the curly hair. This wouldn't be an option? Otherwise I like the two pictures of hairstyles you've posted, a cut like that would probably make your face look less long. Currently I have a fringe as I think my face looks too long without it (even though it is too long and too thick at the moment - I badly need to cut my hair!) and it really helps. As you don't want a fringe, I think you should go with either curly hair or a shorter style with a side swept fringe. If you've got a longish face, you shouldn't have too heavy(?) hair as it pulls the face down.

Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Pampinetta Pampinetta wrote:

First of all, I agree with the other posters: you look very cute with the curly hair. This wouldn't be an option?

That curly hair was for my oldest sister's wedding. She wanted us to all get our hair done! Anyway, it involved a ton of hair products to get it to stay like that.

As for fringe...I am very picky about it. But I love these bangs:

AND

Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 7:17pm

Always_alone,

I think the last top pic hairstyle (the one with bangs and (great) green eyeshadow) would look awesome on you. 

eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 8:12pm
You would look great with the newest posted pic of the girl with green e/s!!!
WhisperToScream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhisperToScream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 8:33pm
I agree with everyone about the pic of the girl with green eyeshadow. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 10:42pm
But her hair looks choppy! Looks like someone really butched her hair. I love her bangs though...but not as much as the second picture. But my hair is THICK. And it can't be styled like that.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhisperToScream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 10:49pm
Well both their hair has a ton of styling products in it to make it choppy. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 8:44am
Originally posted by WhisperToScream WhisperToScream wrote:

Well both their hair has a ton of styling products in it to make it choppy. 

Yeah, but personally I have been getting away with using less hair products in my hair. I use just a little product to keep the frizziness on top from sticking up.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhisperToScream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 12:09pm
I was just saying your hair won't look all choppy if you don't want it to. 
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 8:02am
Ya know, in the 2 older pics you actually look like you have a square jaw and wider face.  Is your head angled downward in the 2 pics where your face looks longer?  Either way, I've said before and I'll say again, I don't think people should worry over their face shape.  That is one of the things that make us look different from each other and unique. (And another way the salon industry tries to convince us we need to change our hair).  I have a long face and I tried what they said.  I had the chin length bob with bangs, and it did make my face look less long...but that didn't make me look better, it made me look worse because my long face suits my features.  We don't all need to strive for oval.  You will look good no matter what you choose.  Good luck.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 6:09pm

Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

And another way the salon industry tries to convince us we need to change our hair. You will look good no matter what you choose.

I second that!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2006 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Alayney Alayney wrote:

Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

And another way the salon industry tries to convince us we need to change our hair. You will look good no matter what you choose.

I second that!

Yeah, but I was chatting with my younger sister about if she thinks my face is long. She told me no it did not look long but my face looks so droopy is because I have no texture. My hair just hangs there. I need some bangs or something to break it up. Now I wish my hair would grow faster.
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
wendyladi98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyladi98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2006 at 7:28pm

You can always cut but can't put the hair back, so I think if you really want to grow your hair out, just keep a smoothly (I don't like choppy layers either) layered style throughout like the long hair pic and you will have more demension. I do like the sideswept bangs, though. mine are cheeklength and keep my hair from looking too boring (my hair is about the same length as yours.)

Wendy

"In the darkness, see the light. Remember God loves you"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic