Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Private benjamin hair color!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rainwater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Private benjamin hair color!
    Posted: January 03 2006 at 10:07am

The good news is that my hair is in great shape, very long and curly. Natural color is dark with some natural blonde and auburn....and new stands of white! yikes! not gray.....

So instead of coloring it a richer auburn like I did about a year ago to cover blonde highlights, I decided to do highlights again. I used a clairol kit instead of wella blue and 30 or 40 developer. My roots came out very pale yellow blonde and when processing.......lots of pale pink on the old red.......it turned a strawberry blonde more orange. So I have a mix of nice yellow and orange along with my natural color underneath. It is very dramatic.

I am wondering if I should use a Blonde toner with ash. I read on a post that a person should use a blonde with a green instead of violet to take out orange and I'm not sure what color that would be. Also, I thought about getting some wella blue and 40 developer instead of the 30 I used, and do some over selectively. If I use the toner, what kind, and do I put this just over the highlighter areas so it won't mess up my darker hair?

To private benjamin for me........Help! and thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic