Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

andis clippers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
rocawaves23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: andis clippers
    Posted: March 04 2006 at 3:13pm

I got a detachable blade so i couldn't really tell ya. I jus know i gave my self a #2 ATG.

ButchBoi05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 7:20pm
How low was your blade because that pic is a #2 atg plus I have really dark hair (I raised my blade)
#2 ATG
#3 ATG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 2:57pm
Man  A #2 ATG is really short!!! First my waves were like Butch Avatar and now they really short. First i should have tried cuttin my hair wit a #3 ATG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by rocawaves23 rocawaves23 wrote:

If you do ATG do u do that everywhere(sides/back) or jus the top?

Everywhere

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 2:47pm

If you do ATG do u do that everywhere(sides/back) or jus the top?

dino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 2:38pm
barbasol gel from the dollar store..rub it on the hairline..not a whole lot ..but enough to make the razor work..and u got to keep the razor wet...but i used trimmers before i use the razor though
wizzy baby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizzy baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 5:32am
what kinda of shaving gel did you use on his type and do you rub it cross his harline then use the razor
dino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 2:03pm
u see the WHIPS around that dude hairline in POPOFFKID picture..thats why i use trimmers and a razor...dont keep going over the same spot with trimmers..they'll leave burn marks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 5:53pm
CUTTIN IS SUPER EASY!!!!!!!!!!!! I jus did myself today for the 1st time! All you do is put the guard on; I went WTG(the way i brush), wit a 1/8, thas a #2. Everythin wuz perfect, i just got lined up at the barber cuz linin yo self up is still kinda hard!
Popoffkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popoffkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 12:41pm
yea man wash it all out cause if dont want gunk in your clippers of trimmers. will shorten the lifespan. yea cut ya hair so you cant really see ya line then re-line it then. but dont dig to deep in ya hairline to make it look hot. if you mess up you better off leaving it than pushin it back.. cause thats like a week and a half for it to grow back good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 5:56pm
Good info popoffkid. Hopefully i'll have some good luck on my next attempt. I just got some clippers yesterday. Should I wash my hair before i cut myself? And afta i cut my hair will i have to reshape my linin if its already lookin good?
Popoffkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popoffkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 4:34pm

i see most of yall having some trouble with the line ups.. well first off if u got cheap trimmers and dont wanna use a rasor. get yourself the andis outliner 2 the t-outliner or the t-styliner 2 ( the most powerfull one but i dont think its the best). The reason most barbers have to trimmers is because the t-outliner is better for the curves between ur sideburns. and the outliners basically does the rest but the outliner can be used just as good.. you guys cant use it to its full potentially out the box. un-screw the blade than unscrew the moving blade and align it with the stationary blade. BUT DO NOT overlap this map make them as close as possible for the freshest line. test it on your self to see if it knicks you or something. use your hand of something. see if its creating that dust you get rite after you get a real sharp line.. and use the corners or the trimmers where you have the curves. you shouldnt have to press hard either. and if you gotta low casear or something like that shave off the lil extra hairs on ya line cause it wont look as fresh since it aint dark

dino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 12:40pm
yea i put shaving gel around his hairline..and used a disposable razor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 11:19am

Originally posted by dino dino wrote:

some of my work

How did you get his linin that crisp? Did you also use a razor for that?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 10:31pm
Try a safety razor thats wut I use to get that new growth.
liltmac View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liltmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 10:28pm
mirrors

My waves are 720, you only 180
My name is liltmac aka lilkobe     

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 3:15pm
How do you line up your back yourself with the andis trimmers(mirrors)? And how come its like i can't get the tinyest hairs that try to come back?Is it that my trimmer isn't sharp enough, or do i have to press really hard or somthin to get those fresh hairs on my hair line?
liltmac View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liltmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 10:54am
dat's clean and crisp

dino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 9:43am
some of my work

liltmac View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liltmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 9:36am
lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic