Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unbraiding CornRows to make Frenchbrai

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unbraiding CornRows to make Frenchbrai
    Posted: January 09 2006 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Abba Abba wrote:

Thank you, ThAbAdDeStBaBy, for the reply.

The websites will be very helpful.  Abba

You're very welcome..glad to help.

ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

Abba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 9:09am

Thank you, ThAbAdDeStBaBy, for the reply.

The websites will be very helpful.  Abba

ThAbAdDeStBaBy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThAbAdDeStBaBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 11:37pm
ThAbAdDeStBaBy
http://public.fotki.com/ThAbAdDeStBaBy3
Hair Goal: BSL by late 2007-early 2008
Hair now: net weave w/EP-RT

Abba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 11:03am

Happy 2006 to everyone.

I am in a pickle.  My 6 year old grand-daughter is staying with us while she recovers from a stomach virus.  Her hair is plaited in corn row braids (she's a redhead with very dry, very curly hair, like her Mom's). 

I need to unbraid her cornrows today in order to give her hair a good washing for hygiene needs, and I don't want to make a mess of her hair-- ending up needing to cut out the tangles I could engender.

If someone out there KNOWS how to do this efficiently - undo the corn row braids which end with colored plastic bobs down her back (cute) - please kindly advise this ignorant grandmother.  Much gratitude for any help.

Secondly, because her hair is SO fly away, I have something her mother recommended called "Jam" to apply and I wish to braid her into a nice French Braid to keep her hair back from  her face and neck in case of another "stomach upset" incident.  Can anyone recommend a website where I can get directions as to how to make a French braid?  Her hair is medium long - just below her neckline when stretched straight.

From "Mee Maw" (her name for me)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic