Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When can I dye again?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kjpark0907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kjpark0907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When can I dye again?
    Posted: January 07 2006 at 11:33am

I have dark brown hair and last Friday I used Herbal Essence Bleach Blonde on my hair.  I turned blonde and red...I don't think the color is ugly but its just not for me.  It makes me look funny(hard to explain)...anyways I bought new haircolor, Clairol Nice'neasy Natural Dark Auburn.  When will it be ok to use it?  I don't want my hair to fall out or look terrible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 12:24pm
When I bleached by hair to get the black out I was also left with blonde and orangey red hair, with also bits of brown - it was awful.  I had college the next day so I dyed my hair ultra violet brown after about 24 hours of the bleach...however the ultra violet brown colour faded very quickly, and my hair was left very porous with brassy undertones.

I believe it is recommened that you wait about a week, but I think every day counts.  I'd recommend you do use protein treatments and conditioners before you dye again to made sure that the colour goes on as evenly as possible.  Make sure you do a strand test.  Good luck!
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 12:36pm

Dark brown hair virgin?--applied Bleach Blonde--got blonde and red.  (Gold blonde, yellow blonde, pale yellow blonde?) 

If you have red and blonde and you add some more red, it's possible you'll get pink and a darker red hair.  What do you want your hair to look like?  I'd strand test that color on each differently colored section prior to using it. 

Also decide what you want your hair to look like prior to dying it again. 

By the way you don't have to wait, once you dye or bleach the hair is damaged or dried and will never retain it's health until you grow it out. 

Blondie1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondie1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 6:19pm

kjpark~

You've come to the right place!  We've all had our hair colour mishaps:)

I wish I could advise you on what the best route is for your hair colour ~and the technicalities regarding that, but there are more experienced people on here who can and have helped.

What I wanted to mention is this~ You lightened your hair on Friday with Bleach Blonde~ so I am assuming you wanted blonde hair. 

You explained that you were really unhappy with how the bleaching turned out~ totally understandable if you went blonde and red when you were wanting all over blonde.  I would want to correct it too if it wasn't the colour I was looking for :) 

You also mentioned that you had bought another hair colour in an 'Auburn' shade.  Another lovely hair colour.  What I wanted to get to is this~ If you wanted to be blonde~ AND still want to be... you can still get there.  You just need to get some help with recomendations for the correct products and techniques to get your hair to the all over blonde that you were initially aiming for. 

I know you are not happy with the blonde/red that you have now, but what I am trying to say is that you don't need to go straight to Auburn simply to cover up colour that you are unhappy with.

If you decided that blonde simply isn't for you and you would prefer Auburn~ I'm sure it will look great~ and there are others on here who will advise you so you can get the colour to look great.  Otherwise~ I just wanted to mention that if you colour your hair auburn simply to cover up the blonde/red that you are unhappy with ...and then still want to go all over blonde again in the near future~ it is going to be that much more difficult ~ and damaging to your hair~ than just correcting the red/blonde that you have now.  Does that make sense?

Please don't think I am trying to talk you out of the Auburn~ not at all~ its a gorgeous and flattering hair colour on many people.  What I wanted to make sure is that you know that you can still go all over blonde with just some good advice, products and technique ~ and that going to Auburn now and later trying to go blonde again after the auburn~ it will be that much harder.

Good luck to you!  Keep us posted!

Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Blondie1972 Blondie1972 wrote:

What I wanted to get to is this~ If you wanted to be blonde~ AND still want to be... you can still get there.  You just need to get some help with recomendations for the correct products and techniques to get your hair to the all over blonde that you were initially aiming for. 

I know you are not happy with the blonde/red that you have now, but what I am trying to say is that you don't need to go straight to Auburn simply to cover up colour that you are unhappy with.

That's exactly what I was thinking/would have said! Doesn't it take a couple of bleachings anyway to get dark hair to light? I.e., this wasn't a mistake but is just unfinished business?

kjpark0907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kjpark0907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 9:30pm

Thanks guys for all of the advice.  I didn't mind the blonde/red so much it just wasn't for my skin tone.  My husband had been after me to try blonde several times so I took a risk when I decided it was time to color.  The color wasn't that bad it just wasn't for me.

I colored it today to the auburn and I really like it.

Thanks!!!

Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2006 at 11:57pm

So glad it worked for you! 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic