Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

growing hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: growing hair
    Posted: January 08 2006 at 9:52am
has anybody ever had their hair cut really short, like 3 ", and timed how long it takes to grow to earlobe length ?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 1:58pm

Take the number of inches from 3" to earlobe.

Multiply by 2

Your final answer is the number of months it will take (approximately).

Hope this helps!
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
ming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 2:34pm
 oh dear !! ty.
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 1:57am

Why did you cut your hair so short?

I had mine cut about a month ago and I reckon it's grown out an inch already :)

Good luck with yours!

ming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 9:53am
I haven't yet. I am thinking of my options !!
Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 4:15pm
My hair is dead straight. I stopped dying it last April and I recently measured it.  It's easy to see where the new growth started.  It has grown 8 inches since then!!  Good luck!
gunnie71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunnie71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 9:37am

Oh I remember taking a Fiskers scissors to my hair till it was barely there(think Sinead O'conner). So anyway it took about 6 months at least to grow to my ears...must have been a faster hair growth year then...now my hair takes a bit longer to get longer. However I just turned 35yr.s (on Jan 8th 2006). I simply love my growing out bob.

See Ya! Katie

Katie ;)
ming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2006 at 10:07am
 GULP ..6 months !! ...I might not get it all cut, I might just find the money for highlights ...lol
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 2:42am

What are Fiskers scissors?

Ming (nice name?!) don't cut unless you are certain!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 12:27pm

Fiskars scissors are the school scissors sold in drugstores. They are normally not meant for hair because they're quite dull.  but hey, great for kids crafts, snowflakes, dried fruit, ... lol

my LJ, 40 inches long
Alayney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alayney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 11:33pm
I wouldn't cut it, Ming -- aren't you the one that wants to let the gray grow in? I'd go for the highlights (well, lowlights really -- what's your natural color? or the color you've got in there now?).

RE: Fiskars. Guess what? My mom's RAZOR SHARP sewing scissors are Fiskars! Actually, when I heard Fiskars, that's the first thing that came to mind. They're all I've ever known Fiskars to be myself.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 12:38am
Heeeey I never knew Fiskars made sewing scissors!  That's a good sign. Sewing and embroidery scissors are a good substitute for expensive hair scissors. Thanks for sharing
my LJ, 40 inches long
ming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 6:57am
Hi Alayney..I was determined to go for it but the more I look in the mirror and imagine meself, the more I back off.. I think I will need highlights because the hair is 1 inch grey roots/2 inches mid brown/4 inches black...to get the black all off would leave it very short, & still 2 different colours . God I wish I could get it shaved and slap a wig on ...
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 7:52am
You know, you can slap on a wig without getting it shaved.  I used to wear wigs all the time when my hair was as long as bra strap length (I just wadded the hair up at the nape of my neck where it wouldn't show under the wig's length). 

If you like length, I'd wait it out a little longer before cutting off the black.  I had a green hair accident a few years ago that couldn't be fixed with chemicals (it was henna) and I waited until it was ear length before cutting it off.  Yes, I walked around with green hair for 6 months (it wasn't green to the root, but almost) before getting it cut.  It wasn't so bad really, and I'm VERY glad I did it because I hate short hair on me, and even the ear length was annoying and stayed annoying for years.  I'm glad I kept it as long as I did, rather than going that short to give me layers that would have taken even longer to grow out.  You will have to decide what's more important to you, but if you do mind walking around with different colors, check out wigs, you might find something you really like.

Anais, I always use Fiskars sewing scissors for my hair...I didn't know for sure if they were really as good as hair scissors, so I'm glad to hear they are!  You can get an excellent pair in the sewing section for about 10 bucks (love mine!).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
ming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 9:11am
 Hi Susan...I don't mind short hair, I suit it better than long. But its the colour thing... green  hair -I would have done that when I was young, but at my age people would fall over and wet themselves in the street ...
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2006 at 4:54am
Ha ha!  Well, I'm 30 so nobody thought I was a punk kid, but sometimes these things happen and it just depends on what's more important to you, whether you mind the roots with the dark ends, or whether you'd be more annoyed by the cut.  
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 3:53am

I'm exactly the type who'll be wearing green (or blue, or purple, or bright-red. . .) hair when I'm old enough that people will wanna fall over and wet themselves when they see it ^_^ .  Defying expectations is one of the great joys of life!

More awesome than a manatee!
ming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2006 at 4:10am
I know...but blue or purple is one thing, a load of grey/black tufts is another !!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic