Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why do You want long hair so bad?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 9:54am
Wow, MissMareeJane, your hair is getting SO LONG!!!
Impaler Vlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 10:16am
I'm glad U're glad, Miss Maree Jane!    (Guess I am 'guilty as charged' for bringing this thread up again) BTW of the ducks: I like them A LOT, when they are properly cooked (the Chinese will certainly agree with me on this issue). As For my hair, Anais Satin is right: it's more than 20" long (just messured it with a ruler), but I might return to 18' when I'll get a trim...

My homages to both of U
Mark Edward Arthur Mac Arran Blackrose
ataraxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataraxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 11:21am
anyone seen anchorman? "wow, that escalated quickly!" 

clones? i wish i had a handful of them...just not enough time in the day.

duck? yuck! never did care for the dark meat, but to each his/her own

as many others have said, i do not like short hair on myself. i feel naked and cold without hair at least to my shoulders. also, the feeling of pulling hair back is such a good one! i actually found that i couldn't get my hair out of the way when it was too short to pull back, but long enough to get in the way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 11:43am
Originally posted by ataraxy ataraxy wrote:

as many others have said, i do not like short hair on myself. i feel
naked and cold without hair at least to my shoulders. also, the feeling
of pulling hair back is such a good one!

Well said!
MissMareeJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 2:11pm
Ingredients For Crispy Baked Duck

1 duck weighing about 11/2 kg.-2 kg.
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
2 teaspoons of minced mature ginger
1 teaspoon of pepper
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce

Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 3:50pm
Oh my, that's a great way to illustrate a hair goal!
my LJ, 40 inches long
MissMareeJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 3:52pm
ThNX I've been wanting to do that for a while.
Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 3:55pm

Originally posted by Impaler Vlad Impaler Vlad wrote:

To AnaisSatin:

May I thank Thy Ladyship for the kind welcome?
As for my hairlength, U're somehow right, but once it gets to 18 inches, the ends split like hell and I have to ask one of the kittens (I mean girlfriends) to trim it.

I present my homage to thy ladyship,

Good day, my Liege

We seek more information from thee. Perhaps it's your grooming tools that are getting in the way of growth? What kind of combs/brushes do you use if any? Certain grooming tools will cause breakage.

Also, what is your hair type? (You can click here to classify yourself; there are visual examples if you click across the top of the page as well.)

Blessings
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 4:10pm
Thanks for putting that link up Anais, means I have finally got round to doing my classification!  Now I just have to get round to finding a tape measure or ruler.
3a C/M ii 35"(21/03/06)dark red

Founding Member of the Benign Neglect Club. All applications welcome and accepted (each member to decide for themselves what they consider to be neglectful)
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 5:33pm

mmmmmmmmmm, baked duck!

Cool vertebrae MMJ! You are inching your way down the spine for sure

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impaler Vlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 8:49am
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

Also, what is your hair type? (You can click here to classify yourself; there are visual examples if you click across the top of the page as well.)

BlessingsAnais

May I present my homage to thy ladyship? I've been there & red that. So I can tell thee I've inherited my mother's fine brown hair, slightly curly (1c to 2a)and kinda thin. Wish it was thicker! I currently use an Avon hairbrush - last time I used a comb when I was 16. I've posted a new topic on the board, with a pic o'mine (I still look like that), so I guess your ladyship can 'diagnose' some things about my hair.

Mes hommages (pardon my French!)
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 9:12pm
Welcome cassie_g and Impaler Vlad ... and great points you make, ataraxy and MissMareeJane!

Love the spine   When I tuck my braid down my shirt, kinda looks line a spine reinforcement.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 11:04pm

Good tidings to you Lord Vlad.

I think it might be your hairbrush. If you have fine hair, it might be of more benefit to comb gently instead of using a brush... It's highly unlikely that you've reached your final length.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Lovebug3302004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovebug3302004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 12:17pm

I want long hair because I had it almost down to waist length when I was about 11 (five years ago) but I never kept it nice, or brushed/combed it enough, and it always looked really messy, and I've cut it twice since then (to shoulder length) and each time I say I'll regrow it back to waist length, but it hasn't happened yet. So this is going to be the time that I do. Plus I'm getting closer to wedding-ish age,(within the next ten years probably) and I've always wanted to have really pretty long half up, half down hair at my wedding. So I'm planning on growing it out to a little longer than waist length, and then getting it trimmed to keep it at a really nice straight end that is waist length.

So yeah, I just really love how long hair looks, and that is why I am growing it out!

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 10:58pm
It is a such a big part of me now. I am known as the Italian girl with really long pretty hair. I pride myself with this accomplishment. It truly is "work" to have long healthy hair. I get worried when it does not feel right. I eat healthy foods to keep it healthy. I take a bucket of vitamins to help it grow and stay strong. I use products that my hair likes. All for the love of hair!

A silly picture with my doggie. Shows the length of my hair now. I will post better ones when I get a chance.
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2013 at 11:05pm
While I am looking through photos I kind of like this one that was taken on our cruise this summer. I cut my hubby out of the picture so that explains the extra arm and splotch of blond on my head. Anyway, I like the way the wind took my hair for a ride in the sky.
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2016 at 5:17pm
I have always dreamed and wanted really long hair since I will little. I've always felt that it would help me to look and feel more feminine and better about myself.
Shannon D. Bax
stuffy623 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuffy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2020 at 12:53am
Awesome! I admire your commitment Claire!
gjh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic