Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

blonde toners on brown hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jules19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jules19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blonde toners on brown hair?
    Posted: January 22 2006 at 11:42am
I'm putting light blonde chunky highlights into brown hair... If the highlights come out a little brassy, can i use the blonde semi-permanent toner on all of the hair or should i single it out to just where the highlights are?  will the purple toner (blonde toner) have an affect on the brown hair?
- Jules
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 11:48am
I'm sure you can. When I was about 14, my mother let me do my hair in red chunky highlights. Of course you had to bleach your hair first to put them in. Maybe you should single them out.... I am sure the toner wouldn't do a thing for your brown hair.  I have dark hair under neath *natural growth* my very blonde hair and I use purple shampoo on my hair to keep it a healthy color, and it hasn't done a thing to my dark hair so you should totally be fine.

Edited by Bambilee
~* Bambi Lee *~
jules19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jules19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 11:57am

yea, i have blonde hair with dark underneath and i also use purple shampoo sometimes and it doesnt affect it... but im doing someone else's hair and they have medium brown... i just want to make sure she's happy with it, i most likely wont need to use the toner if i can lift the color to a nice blonde highlight with bleach, but just in case it looks a little brassy, i need a backup plan!  haha

- Jules
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 11:59am
You will most likely need toner towards the roots. It seems that they are the part on dark hair that get oranger or get reallly light, leaving the lenght to look orange. Good luck.
I wish people woudl trust me to do thier hair. I'm trying to convince my little friend to let me do hers. LOL. I guess she knows better.
~* Bambi Lee *~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic