Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How soon can a perm be done?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BlueGlitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueGlitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How soon can a perm be done?
    Posted: January 26 2006 at 5:02am
I've gotten 1 perm a year for about 17 years. I got one last weekend and the lady used rods that were huge. So it actually straightened my hair. They said I could go back this weekend and get it repermed. Is that too soon?  
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 3:33am

You could get them to do a strand test this weekend on a couple of pieces of "hidden" hair (i.e. down near your neck underneath the top part of your hair that everyone can see), then go away for a week and check for any damage to that part?  If it's okay, go back for the re-perm after that.  Perm solution is strong stuff - be careful with your hair!

SaraNoH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaraNoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 11:56am
I got a perm done last year and she used big rods so the perm didnt take that well. i went back about one week later and got it redone and it turned out fine with my hair. did not damage it at all. so i think if you wait a week you'll be fine. my mom who has her cosmotology liscense said that 48 hours would have been fine to wait but i just wanted to give it a few extra washing and a few extra days.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueGlitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2006 at 1:27pm
Thank you Trophywife & SaraNoh for your replies. You were very helpful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueGlitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 12:36pm
I got my hair repermed today. It looks great!! But instead of leaving the perm solution in for 20 minutes it only took 8 minutes.
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 2:49am
I'm pleased that it worked out well :)
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic