Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Veggie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Veggie
    Posted: January 29 2006 at 10:12am
Ok I have a question i'm seriously interested in becoming a vegetarian or maybe vegan. I'm lactose intolerant so im already use 2 soy, and i have givin up pork for 2 years and red meat for 4 months (babysteps people). I'm wondering does meat replacers and other faux meats takes just like meat? I've tried the veggie burger @ burger king and it was gross. Just wondering
Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 5:07am

I'm not a vegetarian, but have been known to eat faux meat sometimes.  As far as what I've had, none of it tastes exactly like real meat, but that's not always a bad thing.  I prefer Bacos to real bacon, actually ^_^ .  Oh, and I had a bowl of soup made with noodles that were like baked tofu cut into strips, and those tasted (and had the texture) a lot like chicken, so that was good.  I used to like Boca-burgers, but after a while they became kinda weird to me.  *wonders why*  I guess you just taste-test various brands and products to see what works for you.

More awesome than a manatee!
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 6:47am

Do you have Quorn in the US?  The taste is very similar to real meat, especially if you use it in dishes (e.g. lasagnes, curries, etc. rather than just eating it plain).  Lots of non-vegetarians also eat it, because it's very low in fat.  It's made from mycoprotein, basically mushrooms (it doesn't taste like mushroom), but some of the products also contain some egg, which is from battery-farmed chickens, and therefore some environmentally-friendly types have boycotted it.

You can get an exciting, varied and healthy vegetarian diet from eating vegetables, salads, rice, pasta, couscous, nuts, seeds, (free-range) eggs, pulses, mushrooms, etc.  I recommend it strongly! 

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
lilkeke918 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilkeke918 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 7:25pm

ok thanks im going to try some of that

Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic