Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bob - should I?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dudey_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudey_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob - should I?
    Posted: January 30 2006 at 10:30am
Hi im 6ft 2" female, 17yrs old. I have curly hair which is slightly layered and skimmin shoulders im thinking of a graduated bob with longer bits at the front, i have a round face shape and want a different look. im wondering are bobs in, are graduated bobs good? how short should i go, jaw, lip? any advice or pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudey_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 10:37am
btw it straightens really well bt i would like something versatile
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 12:12pm

If you are brave enough to go shorter, it sounds like it could look really good.  Why don't you chat with your stylist about what will be the most versatile style for your type of hair?

If I were you, I would start off not too short, because you can always go back and cut off more, but waiting for shorter hair to grow out is no fun at all...

Good luck; hope it works out really well for you.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 6:02pm
have you ever had a problem with shorter hair poofing out?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 6:43am

Bobs will never completely be "out"-- it's a timeless style.  Certain kinds of bobs go in and out, though.  If you're concerned for fashion, look through magazines or talk to stylists and see what's "in" right now.

If your hair tends to be very poofy, definitely take that into consideration.  But some people's hair gets less curly when shorter, rather than more.  It all depends on what type your hair is.  How short have you been able to go in the past, and what were the results?

More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudey_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 11:03am
ive gone up to my ears before, that worked well bt i was younger. It is poofy at the mo n usually gos straighterthe shorter itis. I like the graduated bob n pparently that makes it go less poofy? is this true. thanks for ur help so far!
bud83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 8:07pm

i like these of meg ryan (especially the last one), i hope these pics help you....

Edited by bud83
just cut!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudey_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 4:21pm
thanks
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 9:05am

Hi,

I have a bob style cut, which is straight! naturally. I want to grow it out a bit more and then get a body wave.

Go for a graduated bob cut if that's what you want, listen to your stylist too, about styling,etc.

P.S I love Meg Ryan's First hair pic with short curly blonde, so cute and sexy too!

God Bless,...
Katie
bud83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bud83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by katay katay wrote:

Hi,

I have a bob style cut, which is straight! naturally. I want to grow it out a bit more and then get a body wave.

Go for a graduated bob cut if that's what you want, listen to your stylist too, about styling,etc.

P.S I love Meg Ryan's First hair pic with short curly blonde, so cute and sexy too!

i love the meg ryan cuts... it's good that you like, don't you want to try the first one :-)) ???

just cut!!!
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 6:38am
The last Meg Ryan pic would be like mine now if I roughed it up a bit.  But I'm dyed brunette, not dyed blonde.

I'm also 17, and decided to cut my hair short (yes, I cut my own hair :-D  I hate hair salons), from being well past shoulder length, just because I was bored - I'm still not used to it yet, but I really like it.

Edited by aubergine
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 12:04am

If it goes straighter when shorter, that's a definite plus ^_^ .  It could be a shock to end up with an unintentional afro O_o !  Definitely talk it out with your stylist, since they're more familiar with your hair than a bunch of people on a message board.  Maybe they can help you figure out what will work with any curl and poof you might have.

More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic