Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wild Growth Hair Oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wild Growth Hair Oil
    Posted: February 18 2006 at 7:22am
Hi, Just a suggestion based on comments about the smell- its like curry powder to me. I think depending on how sensitive our noses or or thickness of hair it can smell more or less. So I just went into my cupboard and put a few drops of essential oil -Ylang ylang and Sandalwood,which are natural parfums. Don't think a few drop of any essential oil like lavender to the wgho bottle will change its properties, mind you a few dropS only . Didn't change the smell completely but with a good shake took away that first harsh smell . Please let me know if it worked for you . LOLX
Sharon71XxX
Natural 10 yrs,mostly 4b,past BSL length(at back)
Joined Shoulder length challenge 15th April 2006.
GOAL: Healthy,thicker shoulder/L unstreched for Dec 12/15th 06'
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 6:38am
 Hi all, I also hope this product is not a scam but willingly purchased some based on the testominies. I've got thick natural hair which i normally keep in cornrow and wanting to acheive hair that's not so tight and want more length/strech . I started to use it on 15th Feb and marked date in my diary which will help me to look back and see any changes. Will be happy to report back in a month to see if there have been any changes to my hair type/texture/length/body etc .Will use 1-3 times a weeks as recommended. LOL S.  
Sharon71XxX
Natural 10 yrs,mostly 4b,past BSL length(at back)
Joined Shoulder length challenge 15th April 2006.
GOAL: Healthy,thicker shoulder/L unstreched for Dec 12/15th 06'
SimplyAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 3:06pm

I don't know about if growing hair but is a great oil otherwise. If you are investing in it for hair growth I would say pass. If your looking for a good oil the go for it. What dose make hair grow faster is a good deit the right vitimans and physical activity.

Hair Type: 4a/3c Natural
Hair Length: Mid Back (growing out Layers)
Hair Goal: Long Layered Waist length/ Super Healthy!
BabyImaStarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyImaStarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by lucynyc lucynyc wrote:

I purchased mine in a store in New York City!  I don't knwo where everyone else is getting it.

Thank ya, thank ya!
http://public.fotki.com/babyimastarr
lucynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 2:12pm
I purchased mine in a store in New York City!  I don't knwo where everyone else is getting it.
BabyImaStarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabyImaStarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 1:13pm
Where are people buying this stuff?  Online?  In a store? TIA!!
http://public.fotki.com/babyimastarr
MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 7:30pm
hey wgho users, i'm have read some of the comments some people wrote in www.wildgrowth.com and wanted to see if i would get either a similar results or a more different result effect. i have a 4a/4b natural hair. wish me luck!!!
lucynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 8:36am

I am going to get more diligient with it....i do use about every two or three days and then stimulate my scalp!  It does make  your hair shine and I like it because it makes it more manageable and I don't see an intense amount of shedding...

MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 8:45pm
i used wgho for a month and i saw 1 inch of growth! i really think it works. i use it every other day and on damp washed hair.
lucynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 4:52pm

Hi,

If i were lucky enough to have your hair.  It is very pretty....do tell what you do to make it that way.

I know genetics plays a very large  part, but what else!?!

Take care

Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 11:10am
The smell dosen't bother me either....surprisingly.  It is a great oil though.  The best I've used so far.  It makes my hair so shiny.  I love the bling, lol.  This product is a staple for me now.  I will try to remember to do an update on growth....it's almost time for me to measure my hair (it's been a month since I started using it). 
blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 12:25pm
ITA agree with you I was really put off when I first saw their website, I was like no way am I getting this stuff. But you guys haven't sent me down path...yet lol so I bought it for $7.99 at Sally's and I love it so much. I haven't been using it long enough to say that it helps with growth but I put some on before wet wrapping my hair and after drying it soft and shiny. For me personally the smell doesn't bother me so I will keep on using it...good luck to everybody

Originally posted by R2D2inoz R2D2inoz wrote:

I have some and tried it for a while.  I think it really does work but not in making your hair grow faster but in reducing the breakage.  The hair is nice and soft when moisterized and I believe you can use WGO as a pressing oil too.

However the smell and the expense puts me off.  So I have made my own oil combo and it seems to work just as well.

I think WGO suffers from poor marketing - the way their website presents it looks like a scam.

lucynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 10:54pm

okay thanks so much!  I personally think it is ok...same as other oils that I have tried (kemi, carrot and others...).   It does make my hair softer and less prone to breaking.

I do hate to admit...i think wrapping/tying it up at night is a big difference as well.

Take care and happy growing!

sexyyella316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyyella316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 6:01pm

I believe that wild growth works but you have to keep using it And also keep treating your hair every two weeks. I know it smells bad but try not to put to much on your scalp and after you finish spray oil sheen on your hair you wont smell it as much

Arita a.k.a Sexyyella316
lucynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 3:57pm

I would agree with you on everything.  It doesn't cost much here in NY (to me).

I agree about their site.  I have noticed that my hair is softer and doesn't break as much.  However, I kinda do other things as well to maintain. 

I have only been using it about two weeks.  So we shall see.

Good luck with your growing!

R2D2inoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R2D2inoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 1:40pm

I have some and tried it for a while.  I think it really does work but not in making your hair grow faster but in reducing the breakage.  The hair is nice and soft when moisterized and I believe you can use WGO as a pressing oil too.

However the smell and the expense puts me off.  So I have made my own oil combo and it seems to work just as well.

I think WGO suffers from poor marketing - the way their website presents it looks like a scam.

Natural 10 years
3b/4a armpit length hair
lucynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 12:40pm

Exactly...gotta keep with the program. That is key with everything else you mentioned.  Good Luck and I'm sure it will work out for you!

Diligence is key!

lucynyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 12:37pm

Hi..had to get the bottle...

It is about 4 fl ounces (11.291 ml)

A bunch of ingredients...olive oil, coconut oil, vitamin D, choline, inositol, iron, magnesium, jojoba, calcium.

I have read a bunch about amino acids helps.  Also, years ago I read how choline nad inositol are key for hair growth.  All the ingredients sound good based on things I've read!

NychaelaSymone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NychaelaSymone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Renata22 Renata22 wrote:

How large is the bottle? How much does it cost, approximately? I may try it myself.

Also, what exactly is in it?

I purchased a bottle from Sally Beauty Supply for $7.00.  Olive oil is the 1st ingredient....but I don't remember what else it has in it......it's supposed to be all natural.

Edited by NychaelaSymone
NychaelaSymone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NychaelaSymone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by lucynyc lucynyc wrote:

You sound exactly like me!  I am saying the same thing...I did read in Essence that one of the beauty editors tried Rogaine for about three months or so and that worked for her.

You can get that at any drugstore now ...over the counter.  I think everything you do helps:

Diet, water, tying hair up at night, products and laying off the heat.  I'm trying to do everything else.  But it is hard staying with the program.  Especially the scarf at night...I hate stuff on my head!

I haven't been diligent so now I am...I'll see if this works.

I hear the only problem w/ Rogaine is that you gotta use it forever.  If you stop the hair will fall out. I feel like this......I'm not bald yet and as long as I see hair (thin as it is) there's life.  I just gotta stick to the routine.  Honestly, my hair has only been braided for a week and the areas that I've committed to....my edges above my forehead and the right side, I have growth already.  That's motiviation for me to keep taking my vitamins, keep applying the serum and balm, massaging, praying, drinking my water, not sleeping on my weak side, and on & on.......my entire routine has changed because I refuse to give up.  My hair will be fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Lord ya hear me right!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic