Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I really need some help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nikki88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikki88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I really need some help!!!
    Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:22pm

About two years ago I got bored with my haircolor (light ash brown), and decided to go as light blonde as possible.

I went to the salon but the lady told me she wouldn't do it because it would cause too much damage. So silly me, I go home and buy an at-home bleach kit. I've been a bleached blonde ever since, but after doing my roots over and over, the color is uneven in spots (white in some places, pale yellow in others) and I desperately want to go back to my natural haircolor.

I went to the salan a few days ago, but she said the color would just wash out and wouldn't stick. If I have to just grow it out and be half brown and half blonde until it's long enough to chop off the bleached part, then I'd rather be an uneven blonde!

Is there any way to go light ash brown from light bleached blonde?! Please help me!

monsterita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsterita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:48pm

When I was a light bleached blonde and wanted to go darker, I got Wella's demi-permanent hair color from Sally's and layered the haircolor on starting just a shade darker than my blonde.  I was about a level 9 and got the level 8 blonde.  Then I colored to level 7 about a week later.  After about 3 weeks, I was a warm medium brown.  I used the warm colors, but you can try it with the ash browns (include about 3/4 ash color and 1/4 warm color to avoid going green). 

The color did not wash out or fade, and my hair, although dry from bleaching, was fine with some good conditioner. 

KellyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 7:51pm

Ack! I have had the same trouble. In my signature you can see from left to right my progression so far because I decided to go gradually darker. My natural color is between an 8 and 9 blonde. The best luck I had was using Lock in Blonde filler from platinum blonde to the next level. At my current stage, I don't use it anymore.

Read these threads if you have a chance. My experiences may help you a bit....

http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34302& amp;KW=KellyH

http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36538& amp;KW=KellyH

http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39386& amp;KW=KellyH

Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 2:28pm
I had the same problem. I bleached mine out at home first, went to the salon got yelled at, fixed it for 200 dollars had a nice ash, and then never went back. I've been bouncing around the shade list of blonde for two years now. I have uneven color but it is now being covered. I only bleach my roots now and don't touch anything under my hair. (I never wear it up so it works for me.)  U could probably deposit an ash toner. That'll make your hair ashy, and will help maybe.
I use ash on my hair now, and now I have platinum pieces and ashy undertone.
My hair won't hold color either, due to me stripping all color practically out of it. I can go dark sinceit just washes out, however the ash keeps the orange down and darkens parts of it. Maybe you can get an ash brown at a Sally's and try that. I dunno, I hope everything works out for you and you can get what your looking for. :)
~* Bambi Lee *~
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic