Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skirt or Pants?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skirt or Pants?
    Posted: February 04 2006 at 11:06am
Don't know if anyone's asked this before, anyway I'm a lazy witch so I'm not about to read every thread ever written.

I wondered whether you all prefer skirts or pants? Personally I only actually own one pair of pants (trousers I mean!) and I never wear them anyway, so it's obvious which I prefer . I would be interested in anyone's opinion.

Love

Sarah
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 11:15am

Hi Sarah,

I personally own more trousers and Jeans. In America I guess that's typical for most women, I guess.

I do own a few skirts and dresses, my wedding dress makes me look and feel like a princess, can't wait, 2 weeks before I say "I Do".

God Bless,...
Katie
want2kno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2kno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 11:33am
I would prefer pants, but that is b/c I do not like my legs LOL I know that men love skirts and they think they are sexy I barely ware skirts though
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 6:06am

Pants-- I always feel awkward in skirts, like I can't sit certain ways, or have to be careful if I drop something and have to pick it up :-P .  Plus, there's always that fear of the skirt coming up at the back and you not knowing it, which is why I'm constantly tugging down on them.  Pants are much more worry-free.

More awesome than a manatee!
MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 6:44pm
Skirts, I love my legs there sexy lol but trousers can be cute too!
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 7:49pm
I like skirts way better than pants, but you feel a lot more comfortable lounging in pants than a skirt! I like wearing skirts out, too!!!
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
MReader99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MReader99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2006 at 4:30pm
It is nice to see there are some real gals that prefer skirts. It looks so much more feminine and classy.

Rob
MReader99
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 6:37am
defintelly pants... this way i can sit however i want :)    
liv_t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liv_t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2006 at 4:01pm
I would say that most of my teenage years were spent in trousers (jeans and combats), except for evening wear. But that was only because I felt long skirts made me look too grown up and serious, and the short skirts that all the girls my age seemed to be wearing i wasn't comfortable in because of being ridiculously tall. Thank god for the little wisdom a few years brings! I now make the most of wearing skirts and dresses, particularly in the summer, and i'm not afraid of combining them with killer heels (since I discovered there are more than a handful of 6'4+ men out there). I know think i own more skirts and dresses than i do trousers, i haven't worn trousers in about a month. Skirts feel so much more feminine and graceful to wear!
CarolNY View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarolNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 3:08pm
I prefer skirts and dresses.
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 4:39pm
I prefer pants. Well actually I like both but I wear pants more often.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 11:04pm
Deft pants. I just love them. But would wear a skirt, if it was beautiful enough. I own a couple of them, harly wear them though eventhough I look good in them. And I am very feminine. I just feel more comfie in pants.
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 2:29pm
I like both! It depends on how much skin I'm showing elsewhere. You know, if the top is very revealing, pants it is. Though, in winter, I tend to use skirts and boots more than pants (in my mind, it's actually warmer...or it might just be I FREEZE and so everything feels ok). 
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 2:31am
I want to wear more skirts; what kind of shoes are comfy but feminine and pretty?  I posted on the shoe board, too.  I have back problems so comfort is a must but so is feminine.
Thanks-strawberryfine
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 5:27pm
You can wear low heeled strapy sandals. And if the skirt is casual enough, you can go with flat strapy sandals (the kind you have to sort of criss cross tie around your ankles). The trick is finding ones that are pretty and can look dressy. 9 west usually has beautifull ones. And they should be on sale now that summer is almost over. Also Naturalizer sometimes comes out with very pretty ones, and of course they are known for making comfortable shoes.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 5:44pm
i like to play up both, im mutual on this one i like both they both can be sexy if worn right!  skirts bring out my legs, and pants bring out my tushy!

Edited by babycheeks24 - September 12 2006 at 5:46pm
Babycheeks
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 7:35am
I'm with babycheecks on this one! I like both. I love'em long, short, tight or loose, depending on my mood. My tush is round and I'm not afraid to show it off .
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Sharyg11 Sharyg11 wrote:

You can wear low heeled strapy sandals. And if the skirt is casual enough, you can go with flat strapy sandals (the kind you have to sort of criss cross tie around your ankles). The trick is finding ones that are pretty and can look dressy. 9 west usually has beautifull ones. And they should be on sale now that summer is almost over. Also Naturalizer sometimes comes out with very pretty ones, and of course they are known for making comfortable shoes.

Sharyg11,
Thank you so much for the fashion tips and for replying to my post.  I will most definitely follow up on your leads!  I love these boards!
Thanks again,
SF
strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2006 at 2:27pm
You're very welcome! I forgot to mention Marshall's, they always have beautifull name brand shoes at low prices. Another type of shoe that goes great with skirts is spadrils (sp?) which are in style this season. The are pretty, very feminine and comfortable. Check out Ninewest.com. Sometimes you can find great deals there too. So happy shoe shopping!

Much love, Shary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic