Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

annoying tufty bits (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ally_needs_help View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: annoying tufty bits (pics)
    Posted: February 05 2006 at 4:44pm

This might be a bit difficult to explain, so I'm including some pics to demonstrate what I mean. Basically the subject says it all...I get annoying little tufty bits of hair which won't stay down! I seem to get it at the side of my hair at the parting and it on top of my head along the parting these little tufts stick up.

I don't know whether it's entirely obvious in this pic or not, but can you see the tufty bit of hair at the start of the parting?

I think it's a little bit more noticeable here (excuse the face...hehe):

Is there a product I can use to get that little tuft of hair to go in the same direction as my fringe (well I say fringe....there will be a side fringe shortly) without it going rock hard or sticky? I know it doesn't look that bad in the pics but day to day I get this tuft of hair which won't decide which way it wants to go!

Edited by ally_needs_help - August 11 2009 at 1:02pm
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 1:11am

You're gorgeous... I don't think the "tufts" matter. You could probably smooth them down with aloe vera gel, but I don't think it matters.

Your hair color is simply fabuloussss!

Welcome to HB

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 1:55am

I usually just stick misbehaving bits down with a little gel and hope they'll stay.  I'm not sure what can be done for them other than sticking down with product.

More awesome than a manatee!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 7:27am
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

You're gorgeous... I don't think the "tufts" matter. You could probably smooth them down with aloe vera gel, but I don't think it matters.

Your hair color is simply fabuloussss!

Welcome to HB

Anais

Aww you're so sweet! Thank you!

I think maybe I make a bigger deal out of the tufts than I should do...I think I will just try to find a hair product to gel it down a bit which doesn't go sticky. I'm sure there are some out there!

Thanks guys.

trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 8:18am

A good tip is to rub a tiny bit of hand cream (yes, hand cream) between your palms and then flatten them over the "tufty" area.  Start with a really miniscule amount, because you can re-do it, if you think you need more.  Seriously, hand cream, any kind, doesn't have to be expensive, it works an absolute treat on those little flyaways and frizzies.

Good luck!

p.s. think your hair looks brilliant!  The "tufts" aren't visible from the photo, but I know what you mean.

Edited by trophywife
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
always_alone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote always_alone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 8:30am
I actually had a very hard time trying to see what you are talking about so it isn't that obvious. Well, I noticed a few hairs sticking up...but not a problem. Everyone has that problem.

Edited by always_alone
Elizabeth
2b/M/ii
pixie/20"/waist
jesusluvsu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesusluvsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 9:42am
i think your hair looks great  dont see any "tufty bits", but i was wondering if that was your natural hair color? its really pretty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 10:33am

Originally posted by jesusluvsu jesusluvsu wrote:

i think your hair looks great  dont see any "tufty bits", but i was wondering if that was your natural hair color? its really pretty

Hehe thank youuu. Yeah it is my natural colour.

Thank you very much for the hand cream advice trophywife, I'll try that out!

Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 4:46pm

Seems that you are picking at nits so to speak.  What tufty bits?

You might try a little hair mousse if they really are a problem.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Tyranna Tyranna wrote:

Seems that you are picking at nits so to speak.  What tufty bits?

You might try a little hair mousse if they really are a problem.

Oh trust me, they exist!! I shouldn't have posted those pictures really, they don't demonstrate what I'm talking about.

I've tried trophywife's handcream idea though, and it works a treat.

trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 8:13am
Cool, I'm pleased!  I think it must have some secret ingredient that's brilliant for hair!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic