Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lots of tips for unruly hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
StraightStyling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StraightStyling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lots of tips for unruly hair
    Posted: February 08 2006 at 1:48pm

Please contact me if you need advice about unruly hair. http://www.freewebs.com/tamedmane/

I have been dealing with my daughter's wild mane for 15 years, I have found a few great products that actually tamed her hair.

Edited by StraightStyling
alyssalove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alyssalove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 9:22am
My daughter is just six weeks old. Her father is black and I am Italian. Her hair appears to be greasy just at the front mere hours after it is washed. It is very soft but dry and goes crazy when she sleeps. I cannot brush/comb it back into place once she has slept on it. Is there some oil or special shampoo I should use? It's pretty long for such a small baby, going over her ears already and down onto her neck.
morrishamlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morrishamlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 9:05am
Following are some tips for unruly hair:
1. Use a shampoo that's enriched with conditioners for the delicate nature of baby's hair.
2. Protect long hair overnight - never leave clips in, do keep hair tied up and if it's long enough you could also plait it before sleep.
3. Only use gentle hair products developed for babies and young children.
4. As soon as you've washed and conditioned, get the little knots out with a wide-toothed comb.

Edited by morrishamlin - November 14 2011 at 9:06am
rustyrhodes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyrhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 12:52pm
Following are Tips for unruly hair:
1. Only use gentle hair products developed for babies and young children.
Use a shampoo that's enriched with conditioners for the delicate nature of baby's hair.
Make hair washing as fun as possible with a sing-a-long or scalp massage as you lather the shampoo. Maybe you could let her blow bubbles.
chrisrusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisrusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 2:50pm
Following are some tips for unruly hair:
1. Make sure your toddler has the right haircut. If the hair is curly, you may want her hair all one length. If it's thick or wavy, a layered haircut can help.
As soon as you've washed and conditioned, get the little knots out with a wide-toothed comb.
3. Protect long hair overnight - never leave clips in, do keep hair tied up and if it's long enough you could also plait it before sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic