Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i just dont know what to do with my hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i just dont know what to do with my hair!
    Posted: February 09 2006 at 2:48pm

My hair is quite long now and just over half of my hair is the old hair from years ago when i used to dye my hair alot and straighten it etc, the top half is the new growth wich looks great. But the bottom half is not too good in condition even though i treat it well and dont use heat appliances etc. i just dont know what to do with it, i dont want to cut it off because its took me so long to grow it, so what is the best thing to do? should i cut my hair gradually each month? so my new hair can gradually become a full head of new growth? i just dont know! i feel like cutting it all off and startin again, but its took me so long to get to this point & im determined to put up with it! i just dont know! please help! thanks!

Edited by MrsMNK
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
lhairfan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 2:56pm
          No you don't have to cut it.  This is a very common problem and the solutions are pretty easy.  Just have to try some new routines with your hair and get some conditioners for deep conditioning to revitalize your older hair to bounce it back and blend in with the rest of your hair.  I`ll be happy to help research some items for you.  Hang in their.   
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 2:59pm
Thanks alot that would be so kind of you, i do deep condition alot and hot oil alot too with sweet almond oil & olive oil Etc. My hair is very shiny but still its quite tough and the ends split pretty easy but i do a search and detroy fairly often.

Aim *butt length*
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 2:59pm
also try doing micro trims as your hair grows so that you gradually loose some the fried stuff without too much length being lost. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 3:05pm

i will! oh now i feel so much better that theres still hope for my hair!

Aim *butt length*
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 3:26pm

How do you put pics of your hair on here?

Aim *butt length*
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 4:12pm
Yes, do the gradual trimming.  For some reason it can be psychologically difficult to grow hair through certain phases.  If the length is there, baby it and do minor trims until the damage is gone.

Edited by Tyranna
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 4:15pm
Thanks! i will do so.

Aim *butt length*
lhairfan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhairfan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 6:00pm
        Make sure you are using a brush that has soft bristles so it doesn't pull and break your hair when brushing.   Plus, if your not, take your head down and brush from the back of your head outwards.  This sure helps blend the hair all together and really volumizes it. I will search tonight some products for ya.  Would you like me to PM you and e-mail the links to ya?    
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 7:36pm
MrsMNK has the same wavy hair type as me and when I bend my head forward and then stand back upright I always end up with tangles. It might not be a good idea for her to brush that way.

MrsMNK if you do try brushing like that let us know what happened.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 8:17pm
MrsMNK...do the henna (as in your other post) and then you may think differently about your hair

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 2:50am
i dont brush my hair at all, i use my fingers, and yes it does get knotty very easily! thankyou everyone! i shall try henna

Aim *butt length*
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 10:48am
Purplebubba, I've found that it's easiest to brush my hair if I part it down the middle and brush the left and right sides separately.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 11:37am
MrsMNK-To get pictures you click on Image Upload
to upload a pic from your computer. You can also click on 
  to get a url for an image. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2006 at 3:00pm
Thanks ladyfrog, ill try find a gud pic to put on!

Aim *butt length*
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 4:41am
Originally posted by MrsMNK MrsMNK wrote:

i dont brush my hair at all, i use my fingers, and yes it does get knotty very easily! thankyou everyone! i shall try henna

lol i do that too, nice avtar by the way
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 12:16am
MrsMNK, hang in there! It sounds like you worked very hard to get your hair to the length it is now. I agree with those who said to just do micro trims each month until the damage grows out. It also sounds like your are very gentle with your hair, so you are no longer damaging it. Just be patient and don't do anything too drastic just yet! Big hug to you
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 9:57pm
MrsMNK, it sounds like you and I have the same hair problem.  It's been over a year since I abused my hair, and even though I pamper the bottom half and I've made A LOT of progress with it, it's not nearly as nice as the top half where my "virgin hair" is.  And trust me, there are days where I just want to chop it off and leave the 8 or 9 natural inches to grow out.  But even though it might be less work and frustration, I wouldn't cut it.  Half the battle is stopping hair abuse and taking on a healthy care routine, which it sounds like you've done.  Just do lots of microtrims, like everyone else said, and keep up your routine.  And above all, be patient and take comfort in the fact that you're not alone
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic