Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color Help Pls!

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
kooky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color Help Pls!
    Posted: February 12 2006 at 1:31am
I have been researching color for quite some time and am still confused.
I used clairol demi 6n and 6g, wella 6w, and 5 grey busters.   The color came out  real dark  brown except for  the wella  6w. That one came out distinctly orange.  I have now used color fix twice and I think I'm down to my natural color except for my orange bangs. 

So here's my question.  I seem to be a cross btwn 06WGMango and 05GCaramel in the Redken shades. I may be a tad lighter and certainly in the sun it looks much lighter.  (i can't figure out how to post a picture here!)  Can someone PLEASE tell me what level this is considered?  I really pull orange and red if I go lighter.  I'm thinking with my dark eyes yet reeeeeeeeeeeeeal pasty white skin, it would look better one level lighter.  How do I do this without becoming a carrot top?
Should I use a blue or green base?  I'm thinking of using redken EQ's but i'm not sure if that will work for what I am trying to do.
ANy help or ideas?  I would be most grateful.

Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 12:43am
Try having tinypic.com host a pic for you to link from this site.  It's really hard to know what you are talking about with no pics.
kooky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 10:22am

Originally posted by Rebekah Rebekah wrote:

Try having tinypic.com host a pic for you to link from this site.  It's really hard to know what you are talking about with no pics.

I think I finally figured it out! It is actually a little warmer than the color shows in this pix.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic