Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Seriously considering going short again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 11:54am

You went skiing in Mexico?  I never realised that was possible this time of year; that sounsd amazing! 

I did cross-country and downhill when I was away last week and the one before; they were both awesome.  The Alps have got a lot of powder at the moment and the overall conditions are just brilliant so if you ever venture to Europe you should give them a try.  Personally I think Switzerland has the best cross country and indeed skiing in general, but unfortunately it's stupidly expensive.  I expect the wedding has cleaned you out for the time being!

Catch you later, anyway.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 11:55am
p.s. congratulations on your first flight!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
loveitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 8:38pm
redhairedgirl,

I am not surprised you got "hit on" more with your short cut.  I also think a great short cut screams "sexy, strong, bold, and individual", which are all great qualities in all people (men and women).  I am a straight married man who has always loved short hair.  No all women can carry off the same cut but in your case it seems to suit you.  Do what you wish and have fun with it.

Loveitshort.
loveitshort
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 10:39am

I am a barbar/stylist and have many clients in the same feeling's cut or not to cut. About 75% take the plunge to short ,many had hair that was growing out and just like the look of short hair and do it agian. Looking at you fetures I feel that short hair is for you. In your field of dance you need to have a style that flows. Long enough to toss around but short enough to fall back into palce. I feel that a wedge would suit your face fantastic. You wolud need to have the nape area cut kinda short but leaving the sides  just covering the ears.with the front a bit longer maybe to top of cheek bone. let me know what you think of this type of style.

Mikecuts   

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 9:04am

Trophywife! Skiing in Mexico? LOL!

No, sorry I meant about 10 years ago where I live In Madison Wisconsin USA(during winter), I tried cross country skiing, but fell alot.

Thanks,...

Love, Katie;)

God Bless,...
Katie
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 12:20pm
I can't belive this thread is still carrying on .

Mikecuts - if I was going to go short I think your idea sounds pretty good actually. I'm sticking with "long" for now, maybe when the weather gets a bit warmer I'll feel brave and give it a try. .

Thank you eveyone who's taken the trouble to put a reply on here *hugs* .

Love RHG
katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 1:45pm

Sarah!

You look great in that new pic!

How tall are you?

I'm only 5'5" tall, size 8. I love cute tops and skirts like that.

I'm amazed at how many people don't think I'm over 30yr.s Most say 27 or 28yr.s I'm 35yr.s though. It's all good. OPPS<>>>Sorry for getting way off topic!

P.S. Mikecuts sounds like he has a great idea for your new cut, when you want to ofcourse,;)

Heck It sounds great to me, and I have pretty redhair like you Sarah!

Love, Katie

God Bless,...
Katie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 3:13am
Originally posted by katay katay wrote:

Trophywife! Skiing in Mexico? LOL!

No, sorry I meant about 10 years ago where I live In Madison Wisconsin USA(during winter), I tried cross country skiing, but fell alot.

Thanks,...

Love, Katie;)

Sorry, I went a bit blonde there!  No wonder you fell over so much on your first time; cross-country is hard!  If you're ever in Europe, you must check out our snow...

Laters everyone!

redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 6:18am
Originally posted by katay katay wrote:

Sarah!

You look great in that new pic!

How tall are you?

I'm only 5'5" tall, size 8. I love cute tops and skirts like that.

I'm 5'10" so taller than most of the guys I've dated when I'm in heels.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 7:39am

Sarah,

Have fun with your hair as long as you are happy. I hear so many horror stories about " pushie stylist and barber's". They remind me of a salesman that hounds you till you do the sale and regret it till it's gone,such as a cut you don't want. Be very specifec as to what you tell them to cut and what you expect. Remember it's your hair and it does not grow that fast. Don't you wish you can pull hair to make it longer and cut it at will knowing the next day you can have it long again !!!

I am glad that you feel the style suggested would work for you. Let us know if you ever decide to do the style. I would be interested in knowing if the stylist did well. 

Katie thanks for thinking that style will work. If you need any more suggestions let me know.

Mike   

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 8:37am

hey Mike!

ok, my hair is at least 2 inches above my shoulders. I'm happy with my hair, and so is my husband!

However, within a few months i would like a sexy, fun bob again. I part my hair on the left side. my hair color is natural red like Sarah's hair.

I have naturally straight hair. In humidity, my hair looks a bit fuller, with slight wave.

I like your Ideas concerning bob style hair for women.

So,....if you could suggest a popular shaping look for hair hitting the chin, maybe even an inverted bob style, unless that's getting too pase',..please let me know.

Thanks alot Mike!

God bLESS yOU!

lOVE, kATIE;)

God Bless,...
Katie
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 1:54pm

Katie,inverted bobs are OK but I like to add something special to them.If you  like bangs get some of the under bangs cut ultra short with longer hair over them. also the back yes i do like the inverted bob.If you were to get the cut that would be even with the bottom of your ears and angle torwds the chin after the ears that would look good. the back should be cut with the length being even with the base off the ears and then taperd down  as a wedge with a nape that would be clipped with a #2 blade. A nice add-on to this cut would be wispy bangs or wispy sides that would be framed to the face.Let me know what you think. I hope that I explained this cut well, if any questions let me know

Mike 

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 9:30pm

Something like this?

HAWG
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 5:52am

Hawg

You got it! Just to be a bit more detailed Cut the bangs to be "disconnected from the cut "Like a cut within a cut. or more taper in the back so it lays closer.

mike

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 7:37am

Hey, Thanks to both Hawg, and Mikecuts!!!

I love the look of that pic, and your description Mikecuts too!

I know I can't make up my mind. Sometimes, I like my hair at my shoulders, but I like the inverted bob style, for something different in the near future, so I have a nice option in which to look forward to, Thank You both!

Love, Katie ;)

God Bless,...
Katie
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 6:16am

I am sure no matter what style you decide on your hair will look great Katie. just remeber two things. One is explain the details very close as to what you expect. Two DO NOT LET THEM TALK YOU into a style that may not work for you or you don't want.Talk to them before they even wash your hair.Some persons just love to cut if they are in a bad mood or having a bad day. They need to stay focused.yes it's hair and it will grow back ,but it is your hair and you have to deal with it each day. I had talked a few out of a drastic cahnge and they thanked me for it and they still come in for cuts.I have heard of a stylist when she asked the client over the ear the client said yes. The stylist did just that,except the client meant hair not cut above the ear and the stlyist did the opposite and cut the hair over the ear . Details Details Details. Katie and all.

mike

katay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 6:59am

Hi Mikecuts!

Thanks a million!

I truely appreciate Your knowledge, and expertise  not only for me and my hair, but for everyone else too.

It's so refershing to hear from a Barber/Stylist, who is kind and compassionate, and smart.

God Bless You!

Love, Katie 

God Bless,...
Katie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic