Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: February 13 2006 at 3:11pm

Hi everyone

been reading this forum for ages but decided to take the plunge and finally register!

I'm a total ludite so can't post any pics but I've got tailbone length natually curly hair.  Wasn't intending to grow it, just got fed up of paying hairdressers who didn't know what to do with my hair! 

Now it's long I love it and it's in so much better shape.  Just need to grow out the layers that evil hairdressers insisted for years were the only answer to getting rid of the volume and controling my hair.  Turns out growing it was the answer all along.

Anyway, thought it was rude to read all your posts covertly so I'm officially coming out

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 4:35pm
Welcome! Your hair sounds lovely 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 6:07pm

WOW, tailbone length and curly - must be quite a sight! Welcome to the community and it's great to have you with us.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Katharine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katharine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 6:56pm

Your hair does sound very pretty.  Congratulations on finding the answer!

Katie

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 7:41pm
Hi Philosophy Girl! Glad you are officially on the Board. I am inspired by your long curly hair which sounds beautiful.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 9:34pm
Hello and welcome, Philosophy Girl!  Your hair sounds quite lovely. 
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 4:37am
Oooooooh....I am just HANGING to see pics of your hair PG!!!! Sounds like you've had similar hairdresser experiences as I have   How long have you been growing your hair out?

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2006 at 6:06am

Thanks everyone.  Am very envious of all the lovely shiny hair on show!

Missrini - hasn't everyone with cury hair!   I don't think most hairdressers understand the different types of curl and how to cut them. I have bottecelli curls which turned to straight frizz when layered. I've been gradually growing it for about 8 years on and off (from just above shoulder length), but about 3 years properly.  Can't find anything to measure it with but I'm 5'8" with a long torso so that may give you some idea. 

When the layers have grown out some more I'll try and post a pic.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic