Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ab exercises....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ab exercises....
    Posted: February 14 2006 at 3:23pm

Ok, so I'm on this journey to lose a little weight and tone certain areas b4 summer .... I've been eating healthier and walking 2-3 miles about 5x's a week now since beginning of January. I must say the walking is helping tremendously........w/ my LOWER body! My legs, thighs, calves and buttocks are much more toned and I've gone down 1 1/2 pant sizes, BUT my lower half is losing faster than my middle and I don't want to have a disproportioned body. It's not extremely noticeable, but since my lower is getting smaller, my tummy seems to pooch out more.

Can someone tell me what some FAST, effective exercises are (besides the dreaded crunches) to flatten and tone the ab area?

~tia~

BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 11:21am

So no one has any info/input on this??  Ummmm...bummer! Guess I'll stick w/ the crunches I so abhor!

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
tanjuska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanjuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 5:11pm

Hey Tia,

there are few great abdomen workouts...

first and most often - sit ups - get on the flor, on the back, bend your knees, let somebody hold your feet of manage somehow else, your arms should be crossed on your chest or behind your head, and then up we go  this one is for central abdomen.

for your side abdomen, get in the same position, the only differenc is, whn lifting your body to the knees, approach with left side of the body (elbow) to your right knee and with the right elbow to your left knee.

I know it is somehow boring but is def most effective.

mark9159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark9159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2006 at 7:50pm

resistance crunch machine and power crunch machines are AWESOME. when i was lifeguarding last fall, i started working out in between shifts and just did resistance crunches, power crunches, and a few miles each day..and BAM...within no time i had a six pack.

buuuut ever since college has started...let's not get into that haha

aznmitsugrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznmitsugrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 5:18pm

diet... taking in lots of fiber (keeps you more regular, reduces bloating) and staying away from sugars is good.  i've noticed that cutting out soda, juice, and most sports drinks (yes, those have sugar too) has helped a lot... and those dreaded crunches.  dry doing them with someone holding your feet and your back hanging off the bed... works you harder that way

Chi-Town_Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi-Town_Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 9:44am
or u can just lay on the floor have your legs staight up straight off the ground in hold it....trust me it toned up ab muscles because it tightens it up.
Making A Big Comeback New Pics Coming Soon

NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 1:36am
word cuz.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi-Town_Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 11:39am
yep

NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 8:10pm
imma try that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chi-Town_Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2006 at 11:42am
it works trust me i do it everyday try holding it for 20seconds in higher

NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2006 at 5:48pm
it burns off fat cuz.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic