Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

body acne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tink-er-bell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tink-er-bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: body acne
    Posted: February 15 2006 at 8:04am
I've always had a problem with breakouts on my back, and I've taken tetracycline pills, but I really didn't notice too much of a difference, plus it really dried out my skin.  I go tanning now, and I'm not able to take stuff like that or else my skin will just burn. The tanning helps it somewhat, but it seems no matter what I use, it just won't go away. Any suggestions on creams, or body washes or anything?
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 2:55pm
I have the same problem with my inner arms. I have heard that scrubbing really hard when you take a shower in the acne areas will take away all the dead skin cells and clean out the pores.

good luck!
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 6:43pm
Neutrogena Acne Body Scrub works great and it's not over-drying.
DeeNeedsWaves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeNeedsWaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 12:55am
take a shower lol
AHSClarinetGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AHSClarinetGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 3:11pm
I had very small bumps on my back that itch- I assume that they were acne. Anyway, I used Neutrogena Acne Body Scrub and a back scrubber for about three weeks, and it seemed to clear it. ^_^
And idle what you plan unless your art
Springs from the soul with elemental force
To hold its sway in every listening heart.

-Goethe's Faust
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 7:41pm
I use the Neutrogena Body Scrub (Apparently anything that contains Salicylic Acid works well against the fight against body acne) and then apply this lotion created by the Skin Doctor
This is a really good page to read up on, it also talks about hte lotion I use. With one application, I already saw smoother bumps.
http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?productid=1321&WID=%7B60BEBB6E%2DF538%2D4999%2D8E0B%2D788D296B0EEF%7D

Also, while I am here, I have a quetion relating to body acne.
I have generally clear skin on my face but, as you may already know, I have body acne on my arm. For some reason, it is now appearing on my chest but not as noticable. Is there an explanation?

Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2006 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by palikane palikane wrote:

I use the Neutrogena Body Scrub (Apparently anything that contains Salicylic Acid works well against the fight against body acne) and then apply this lotion created by the Skin Doctor
This is a really good page to read up on, it also talks about hte lotion I use. With one application, I already saw smoother bumps.
http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?productid=1321&WID=%7B60BEBB6E%2DF538%2D4999%2D8E0B%2D788D296B0EEF%7D

Also, while I am here, I have a quetion relating to body acne.
I have generally clear skin on my face but, as you may already know, I have body acne on my arm. For some reason, it is now appearing on my chest but not as noticable. Is there an explanation?

Sounds like an allergic reaction of some sort. Have you recently changed detergents or soaps?
Follow Your Bliss
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2006 at 7:45pm
That probably is the reason...I have a terrible allergic reaction to aloe vera (lucky me!) I'll look into shampoo bottles more for their ingreidents as the area below my neck has always been sensitive
caramel21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 1:03am

I've posted in a few other forums about skin lightening. I've become a fan of one store on ebay that sells skin lighteners. They also sell exfoliating powder that you can mix with your favorite body washes and soaps to exfoliate and polish the skin. It's only about $6. The website is in my signature.

http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic