Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I wish i never got surgery.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jay Love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I wish i never got surgery.
    Posted: February 15 2006 at 10:22am

Hello everyone. I thought id put my story up in case anyone is interested. I had cosmetic surgery twice. One a year ago and the other about two years ago. I did some research to find the best surgeon where I live so I found him and went for a consultation. When I got there I told him I want to look thinner he told me no problem. I also told him I was thinking of getting a breast lift to I had 38 d/dd breast . He told me that it would be a bad idea that there would be to much scaring and I should get implants to make my breast more perky I thought it was strange with my breasts already so large but I trusted him and went in for my surgery. It went ok and he told me I would see the results for 6 months and then I may need to get touch ups done at no extra cost. so I waited and found that my body had dents in the fat all over and looked horrible and my breasts were sagging worse. So I went back and he booked me another appointment he promised this time I will look way better. Well the day before my appointment I got a phone call and was told that they had to cancel me and booked me in later and then they called again and cancelled on me. Finally I got a phone call saying he left and that he’s working in his own office. So I called and went in for another consultation he told me For sure this time I will look good and he will have to give my breasts a nipple lift and now that he moved I will have to pay him more money. That sucked but I needed to fix my body so final almost a year later he took me in. I woke up just before my surgery ended and could not move or talk it was so painful as I lay there frozen and in pain I hear yelling and arguing in the room. Then I was out again. When I woke up the second time I could not walk and was so sick they tried to send me out of the hospital right away but I was not ready to leave yet. They tried to put my clothing on and that’s when my boyfriend and I noticed they had burnt my leg really bad. We pointed that out to the nurse and she acted shocked and called the dr. he was already gone. I asked what happened why was I burnt they told me they had no clue and to go see the dr. next week. So I did that and when I showed up he was not there just another nurse. She told me that they don’t know how it happened and they would get back to me soon. They never did I called and called and no call back. As my body healed I found that it looked just as bad as the first time and my breasts were scared more and still drooping and now I have a big ugly scare on my leg. Its been more then a year and every day I look at my body and wish I never had surgery. My family dr. told me to call a lawyer. Well every layer I called when they heard then name of my surgeon they said no it will be to hard. I found one lawyer that said he would take me but he wanted $10,000 right away and then 33 percent of what I make. So I still have not seen justice. This was a long story I know but just thought if anyone’s from Winnipeg Canada they might just want to read this. By the way his name was Dr. Ziesman . And it kills me every time I see him on TV or in the magazines saying how good he is.

Jay Love
Sallycubed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallycubed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 1:26pm
Thanks for posting all this info, including his name.  What a horror story.   My condolences to you.  You should call the College of Physicians and Surgeons in your city/province and lodge a complaint.   The College is notorious for protecting its members, even though it's supposed to be there to protect the public, but there is a process and it would be worth reporting him.....  Also, I don't know how many lawyers you've consulted, but you might want to get a second opinion on that front. ....  Good luck to you, and don't give up if at all possible.  Physicians like htis really need to be brought to heel.
aubergine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aubergine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 11:09am
Definitely see a few different lawyers, they all charge varying rates...
ataraxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataraxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2006 at 9:34pm
that's horrible, i'm sorry to hear this. have you thought about calling a news station near you? i'm sure someone would jump for a chance to tell your story, and you would probably have lawyers calling YOU!
springscherry7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springscherry7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 10:49pm

wow certainly makes ya think twice...

Springs
milachkaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milachkaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2006 at 8:33pm
Whatever you do dont let him get away with this!  I would take this to the media...MTV always his those "True Life" shows.  You should write to them and manybe they will do a show on your horrible experience.  Keep looking for doctors, especially once in the medical malpractice field, someone will definitly bite!  Do not give up!
jay Love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2006 at 8:27am

Hi. thanks everyone for your concern. If anyone knows a lawyer or someone who will help let me know. I will try MTV I think that might be a good idea.

Jay Love
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2006 at 10:34am
Awful. Cry
Best of luck to you as you heal and in your pursuit of justice.
Follow Your Bliss
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 2:11pm
That really sounds like negligence to me and that is what has to be proved to win a malpractice suit.  Contact the administration of the hospital or outpatient facility where you had this work done.  If you can't get satisfaction from them call the health department and the medical board in your state.  This should not ever happen to anyone.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 5:57pm
Jay Love
did you look up the drs info - license, board certified?, hospital certified? where the surgery was performed. Did you see before/after pics? Did you contact any prior patients??

S
s
jay Love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 6:15pm
Hello. Before i had surgery i had called around and talked to doctor's in the city as well met 2 girls who had great work done by him. As well he was advertised by the womans television network and other magazines. So i thought i did a good job finding a surgeon. He was also known to be Winnipeg's top cosmetic Dr. Why he did such bad work on me i don't know.
Jay Love
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2006 at 2:18pm
Dont take offense to this but just because someone "advertises' somewhere doesnt mean they do a great job.  Magazines advertisments are BOUGHT, not given to the drs.  Anyone can buy them and say anything they want. Just matter of not being sued or being caught. 
Board of certified plastic surgeons is a great place to start.  PLus making sure he is licensed too!
s
s
jay Love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 3:07pm
Yes but like I said he is said to be top surgeon of my city.  And yes he is licensed. I did all the contacting and research first. Also he is the one who trained most of the surgeons here.
Jay Love
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 5:28pm
Ok  because i reread your posts and no where does it say you did the research of him being licensed by the medical board or plastic surgeron certified board....
But if you talked and saw his post op work from two former clients and you took that as he does good work then that is waht you did.

but magazine advertisements mean nothing- the still advertise you can grow breasts by taking a pill!

s
s
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 6:53pm

I am so sorry to hear this has happened to you, I think of getting plastic surgery once in a while, (nose job and breast implants) and your story has really made me think about the risks, thank you for being so brave and posting this information so others can learn from it. I truly hope everything works out for you.

leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2007 at 8:20am
still waiting on the reply does the board of plastic surgery back him? how did you know he was the best dr in your city? 

i had a great relationship w/my dr- met w/him 2x's-did background work- met w/other clients. 
s
jay Love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2007 at 11:03am

2 replies here, first is to : Baby flower Thanks and no problem I put this up so people will do what u are doing and that is to really think about what you are going to do. Make sure U really want this and be repaired to deal with it if something goes wrong. I’m not saying u will have bad surgery just that I can happen as it happened to me.

2nd reply for Leducred I thought i had replied to you already. Yes he is backed by everybody. He has a relationship with most every Dr in the city as he was their teacher. And like i said before i had done my research to the best of my know how. I met clients of his and talked to other drs who highly recommended him i read his articles (he had many) and on and on. But as the lawyer told me he just must not care anymore. And i met with this DR 2 times as well as other DRs in the end He was as i was told the best. And that’s good that u had a good experience, many people do have great work done. Just i am not the lucky one.

Jay Love
leducred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leducred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2007 at 6:29am
ok you did not state that in your original post nor last post to me.  backed by everone who?  you said he advertised not written articles.  you said you met 2 other patients-not that drs highly recommended him.
did your gut tell you to go w/him when you met w/other p/s (the ones that told you he was the best).
sorry you had a bad time.
s

s
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic