Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

going from medium auburn to light brown

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
august29th2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote august29th2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: going from medium auburn to light brown
    Posted: February 15 2006 at 2:01pm
my hair is currently a medium to semi dark auburn color. i really want to go light brown, but without having to bleach my hair. i know that color doesn't lift color, but i was wondering if maybe the feria hi lift browns might work? or even the garnier 100% color hi lift browns? 
Bambilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 2:03pm
I thought that might work. I mean it has a peroxide in it for sure. I'll try anything so I'd do it. If your scared of it not working. Go to a salon to get it lifted. :)
~* Bambi Lee *~
Want2b6n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Want2b6n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 3:23pm

My hair is a dark brown/auburn color too and I have tried everything and have had no luck except with bleaching to a yellow color and toning with a 6N Redkens EQ shade.  This seems to do the trick. 

I have tried the high lifts and only got orange.  Maybe if you try a high lift in a 9 or 10 shade but remember, if you have auburn that means red and you will go to orange.  I would try a 9 ash high lift and just maybe you can use that.  I don't remember if I tried that or not since I have had good luck with bleaching highlights. 

I am curious to see if you find something that works.  Post pics if you can.

good luck

braelyn

Want2b6n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Want2b6n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 3:24pm
BUT REMEMBER, ALWAYS DO A TEST BEFORE YOU DO YOUR WHOLE HEAD....
Rebekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 7:06pm

Don't use a highlift color.  If your hair is already colored then remove that first with colorfix.  Next strand test Clairol Moonhaze with 20 vol.

Strand test first and if this doesn't work then you'll have to do as suggested and bleach to gold/yellow and then tone.  

Good luck! 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic