Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shrinkies vs. Microrings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EB4505 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EB4505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shrinkies vs. Microrings
    Posted: February 15 2006 at 11:55pm

What would you recommend and why ?

Edited by EB4505
Brenda1793 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenda1793 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 9:03pm
I would personally recommend shrinkies. I had microlink but they all fell out within a week. I currently have shrinkies and they are not budging!
Lil'Bohemian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil'Bohemian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2006 at 9:41pm
They each have their pros and cons, really.
If you are opposed to using any type of glue, than the microlinks (I would recommend silicone - lined microlinks) are a good choice.
I personally like the microlinks a bit better- I find the install & removal process to be less time comsuming. I also find that the hair is almost always re-usable if I use microlinks; whereas sometimes with shrinkies the bond on the tips can get melted during application- making it harder to reuse the hair after takedown.
The shrinkies are a little less visible, IMO than the links. I may have this opinion  becuase I use the silicone lined microlinks, though- they are a little larger than sone of the other links and tubes available.

stacey_m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 12:27am
Personally, I prefer shrinkies over microrings. I've tried both, but shrinkies seem to work best with my hair type and colour (blonde microrings are too dark for my hair and it can make them quite visible). The other thing that I don't like about microrings is that my hands hurt from squeezing the pliers (but that's just because I'm kind of a wuss Big%20smile). The bad thing about shrinkies is that the glue makes them harder to take out. 
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 8:09pm
i prefer locs to shrinks- the take down time is less. i can reuse the hair.
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 8:55pm
I prefer rings. The shrinks I had a bad experience with, and it took me SO LONG and ripped out so much hair trying to get them out I wont deny that I probably did it wrong.

I think rings are more DIY friendly, and I like that it doesn't involve glue, and I can easily reuse that hair. I think shrinks might be more invisible, but I have dark hair, so dark rings blend better in my hair.

It's all personal experience and oppinion. I would say if you can, try them both so you can decide yourself
JeepGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2006 at 10:42pm
Its different 4 everyone.....some hair works better with shrinks and some do better w/locks or rings.....trial and error is the only way to find out...but u can do a search on this subject and see lots of opinions.
Thanks,
JeepGirl

Current install-Bohyme Bodywave #30 and #14 in the straight hair/ they didn't have the #14 in bodywave, so I mixed them...works great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic