Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

deciding what style (inc pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
trophywife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 10:12am
p.s. just make sure you're firm with the stylist about avoiding the Natasha Kaplinsky mullet look!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
angelbabes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelbabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 10:19am
yea i know what u mean unsure how short to take it stil i love the photoshop one and the pic u are talking about but its hell of a lot to cut off all the same
god help me sort my hair out!!!
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 2:10pm

Originally posted by trophywife trophywife wrote:

p.s. just make sure you're firm with the stylist about avoiding the Natasha Kaplinsky mullet look!

I couldn't agree more with you Trophywife, Natasha Kaplinsky has had the same awful pseduo mullet for years, with the same blonde highlights - its so eighties.  Oh for a good stylist (or even a pretty poor one) and a pair of scissors to get their hands on her would surely result in an improvement.

Angelbabes - If your unsure how short to go - think whether you are normally the "adveturous jump in with both feet" type (go for the cropped look) or "a more conservative measured type" (in which case go short).

Also if you have ever had short hair in the past and have some old photos, looking at them may give you some thoughts as to what you definitely do want and what you don't, as both are equally important.

Edited by Heratic
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
star__n0__star_ View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star__n0__star_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 2:42pm

Keep your bangs and get something that you can play around with. So that you can curl it or spike it or do whatever to it easily. Your base color is nice, don't change it...just get highlights or something.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelbabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 8:59am

im usually the type that jumps in both feet lol

the only thing that is worrying me is whether i will like it wen its done

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelbabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 9:12am

right good news im booked in on sat 26th at 10-30 said i wanted a restyle long to short....

can anyone give me some advice if i were to go really short as in really take the bulk of my hair off

cyhairctr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyhairctr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 10:05am

Like this????
send me a pic I will see what I can do!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelbabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 10:11am
wow i love that what does everyone else think??
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 11:30am
AWESOME!!!  I think you'll look great with short hair.
HAWG
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 2:16pm
I agrree with Hawg! 
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 2:40pm

Well it looks like virtually all your hair is coming off at the weekend.

If it looks half as good as the picture you will look absolutely stunning

The only bit of advice regarding going this short is you may need to be very insistent with your stylist given the magnitude of the change. I'd suggest taking the sim picture along so that you can explain exactly what you are after.

Edited by Heratic
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 5:24pm
that last sim looks real good. goodluck on what you decide

Edited by HairStyleDiva
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 3:14am
Yes, that photo looks really good, go for it!  Hope it turns out well.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 9:47am
Originally posted by angelbabes angelbabes wrote:

wow i love that what does everyone else think??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelbabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 4:03pm
well printed it off n took it round to show my hairdresser n shes ok with it very shocked but prepeared
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:19am
I can only speak for myself, but I am sure everyone here is looking forward to the real after pics.  Congrats on having the courage to do something drastic!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelbabes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 8:27am

thanks im really nervous but not backing out now

any one got any ideas how short it will be at the back??

Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 4:07pm

From looking at the sim picture I'd say the back would be somewhere about 3/4" long at the bottom of the nape and probably increasing to 1.5" at the top of your ear level.

This may sound daft but one piece of advice that a hairdresser I once knew used to give was to put your hair up (e.g a ponytail or similar) on the morning of the cut such that you get accustomed to the look of short hair before it is cut.

Another thought I'd heard was to make sure you wear an outfit that makes you feel comfortable and special on the day - so that you walk out of the salon feeling good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trophywife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 4:02am
That sounds like good advice, Heratic.  Good luck Angel Babes!
clipnape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clipnape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 4:57pm
so did you get the haircut?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic