Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

frizzy hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
iibangduckiez View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iibangduckiez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: frizzy hair
    Posted: February 18 2006 at 10:10pm

Just use some good gels/creams or frizz tamers.

You have to find products that work with your hair...You might have to try out a few...and maybe even use more than one....And yeah...let it air dry...And yeah...if you wanna straighten it use some leave in conditioner and oils and stuffs.

Edited by Karen Shelton
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 6:28pm

Originally posted by Ruhe1986 Ruhe1986 wrote:

Hope I was of some help. It seems that this board is full of retards who dont want to answer questions. That's what I've noticed since being here.

I disagree. It really depends on how long you wait. There are thousands of threads on HB as it is a very active and growing board, and not everyone can get around to answering everyone's questions within three hours. As a generality, people who "make the rounds" usually do it in a binge when they get off work, or when they have time. Personally, I haven't made the rounds in at least a few days because of work. I'm also not a teen so it feels strange to answer these unanswered threads on the Teen Hair board sometimes.

There are many causes for frizz. Heat styling, lack of vitamins, improper detangling, dryness, or genetics can all play a role in frizz. The following can help immensely:

1. Using two conditioners in a row (the first one being a cheap drugstore brand)
  2. brushing and combing properly without ripping through tangles (crucial, because frizz can be caused by stretching hairs)
  3. eating well, staying hydrated, taking a multivitamin
  4. not blow-drying, not using heat styling
  5. staying out of 100-degree sun to prevent sun damage

...can all help decrease frizz. I think what helps the most after phasing out heat styling is the extra conditioning step.

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
Ruhe1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruhe1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 10:27pm

Hey there, I guess I'm the only one that will help you. I have a really bad problem with frizz too. During the winter, my hair is naturally unfrizzy, but when moisture is in the air the frizz starts up. Frizz ease is what I use. I also suggest if you have curly hair, DO NOT TRY TO STRAIGHTEN IT, unless you use some kind of product. Don't use heat to style your hair either. Find a style that fits your curls, without resorting to heat. Yes I know it's terrible, but its the legacy that we are born with. I also like to drench my hair in cold water for a few minutes every day, that helps me.

Hope I was of some help. It seems that this board is full of retards who dont want to answer questions. That's what I've noticed since being here.

what is love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote what is love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 7:10pm

are there any tricks to tame frizzy hair? help

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic