Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

is there ANYTHING I can do?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CrazyZebra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyZebra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is there ANYTHING I can do?
    Posted: February 18 2006 at 12:50pm

Every single time I get my roots done (highlights/lowlights) I hate it for a few weeks before it fades and begins to look really nice.

As usual, I've got really harsh yellow stripes.  I've already tried Aveda blue malva conditioner, it doesn't tone it down to ash but just makes the hair duller.  Worse, this time there's some warmth where the bleach really didn't take further down the length.

Oddly, the blonde starts to settle down on its own after a while.  Is there anything I can do to speed up this fading process?  Also, next time, is there anything else I can try to get the eventual result immediately? Bit wary of foils now!

Thanks

Edited by CrazyZebra
hannebash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannebash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 9:58pm
I got foils in my dark brown hair for years and loved them--except when I couldn't go to my regular hairdresser for touch-ups. Always have them toned, that helps a bunch. I had a few times where my hairdresser was on maternity leave and went somewhere else and the color was more brassy/stripey. I think you just have to find someone who really knows how to do highlights. They have to be bleached enough to not be orangey, and toned to blend and look less brassy. Plus after I moved I gave up on highlights altogether because noone could do them how i liked them and I eventually ended up with overlap, and fried, too-blonde hair. But with my regular hairdresser, I had highlights for years and loved them and my hair was always healthy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic