Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wavy?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wavy?
    Posted: February 19 2006 at 5:59am
can anyone else see the waves in my sig pic? I was looking at it and I thought I saw a few ondulations. I've always had the occasional kink in my hair but it's always braided or something. A second opinion would be very useful.

ETA. my hair is air dried in that pic

Edited by LadyFrog

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 11:12am
Yes, LadyFrog, I noticed the wave the first day you posted your new siggy. Very nice and subtle, it allows the light to catch your hair just right!
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 1:16pm
I see a teeny bit of wave too. It's really pretty.
my LJ, 40 inches long
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 1:26pm
Thank you Anais and Sk I shall have to see if I can make anymore of it next wash...*dances away laughing evilly in the hope of re evaluating he har type*

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:05pm
I see it too. Make note of whether it's in the middle or all over. Something I noticed on mine and many others with similar hair to mine is it's 1c-2a on the sides and then in the back it's 2b.

I used to list myself as a 2a and didn't think I had much wave but after an experiment with several washes and pictures I changed to 2a/2b and maybe next time I take a picture it will be wavier?
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:08pm
Oh and I noticed you're doing CO washes. When I did my experiment I was doing only CO washes.

Many people have noticed more waves after doing CO.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:18pm
Interesting about the CO and waves, Purple Bubba.....I think I may have to reclassify myself as a 2b....I am CO'ing and see many more waves and spirals as my hair gets longer. LF, that is cool about your hair having more wave.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:47pm
Yes, I do see a bit of wave near the ends, LF.  Definitely not 1a.  Neither am I, but I wouldn't dare let my hair air-dry without first detangling. (Looking again at your hair pic reminds me of how gorgeous your hair is.) 
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 4:25pm
Thanks you for all your words of advice and compliments, oh clever people of hair! I am greatly encourage by my wavyness and shall moniter it closely. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 10:53pm
Maybe we can soon call you WavyFrog?
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:57am
Hey there fellow wavy-head :)  Welcome to the wave world, where every day is a good hair day (I wish!!!) But seriously, your hair does look slightly wavy you know. I would LOVE to see it all down (ie..no clip or anything) and then get a better look at those fledgling waves.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 10:38am
Well, I'll let it air dry completely whilst loose next weekend and take a length pic with it all loose for you lot to analyse 

WavyFrog, hmmmm. Might be my alter ego!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Lisa9232 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa9232 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 11:33am
I can see the wave,too..........it's very pretty though!!! Hope you hair gets very long and don't ever cut it!
Without God all things are impossible!But with God all things are possible! ~~~Lisa9232~~~
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 10:54am

Well here is the long awaited picture My hair was washed the night before and has spent the day loose so any waves in there have survived multiple combings.

Edited by LadyFrog

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 11:36am
Wow! Really cool, LadyFrog. Lovely waves.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 3:33pm

Definitely a wavy type, about a 1c. .. your hair is so beautiful.

my LJ, 40 inches long
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 3:48pm
Ahh thank you everyone  I'm not feeling that great about my hair at the moment so it's good to have some people saying nice things about it

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 6:09pm
Oh, LadyFrog, I could go on and on about your hair: the color, the shine, the WAVES. It is so beautiful. And you take such good care of your hair, too.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 6:37pm
Wow, I cannot imagine why you'd be feeling down about your hair, LadyFrog.  Must be something else upsetting you, and you've mysteriously transferred that upset onto your lovely hair... 

Definitely wavy, and I'd concur with Anais Satin - it looks like you're a 1C.

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:49am
1c it is then Better go change my sig now this debate has been solved Thanks everyone for your help and compliments!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic