Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cuttin Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
rocawaves23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cuttin Hair
    Posted: February 19 2006 at 11:31am

Anyone got any tips on cuttin your own hair? I know someone asked this question but no one really answered it, but when your cuttin your hair with the guards, is it possible to go lower in some areas? And what guard should you use if you wanna leave your hair dark? A number two, but what size is that?

wnb85 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wnb85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 1:52pm
its not that hard really. u should ask a barber and maybe he could actually show u some things cause i dont think many ppl on here cut their own hair.
Black Soldia™ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Soldia™ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:48pm
alot of ppl on here cut their own hair. And even more are just startin to
I'ma tell you like I tell my chicks don't watch me watch T.V

I love girls,girls,girls,girls,girls i do adore.

dino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 3:26pm
cut ur hair without guards the first time...just to get a feel for the clippers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2006 at 11:42pm
I know someone asked this question but no one really answered it, but when your cuttin your hair with the guards, is it possible to go lower in some areas?
dino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 12:27am
nah..the clippers dont go any lower then the guards

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 11:14am

Originally posted by dino dino wrote:

nah..the clippers dont go any lower then the guards

Aight anotha question is what do you do wit all that hair afta the cut(cuz i already gots enough loose hairs jus from brushin)?Do you put newspapers on the floor b4 you cut, or do you just vaccumm/sweep?

ButchBoi05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 9:21pm
just vaccumm or sweep it up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Soldia™ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 9:24pm
UMMM WHEN CUTTING HAIR U CUT IN THE DIRECTION U BRUSH?

ButchBoi05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by boyz_passion boyz_passion wrote:

UMMM WHEN CUTTING HAIR U CUT IN THE DIRECTION U BRUSH?

You dont have to cut your hair the way you brush its just a matter of preference even though some ppl fear cutting opposite the way they brush.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Soldia™ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 9:45pm
how do u cut the crown?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 8:40am

I wanna be able to keep my waves a certain height like Vgizzle. Now say I give myself a numba 2. Would I use that same guard i used for that numba 2 ova and ova, to keep it lookin fresh?(Like being able to get those little hairs that keep stickin up)

dino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 12:44pm
i cut my hair in the bathroom..i put a newspaper over the sink..and 1 under where im standing...take everything off the sink before u cut ur hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 12:50pm
Good info! what about the previous question?
ChristianTN8IS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristianTN8IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 12:47am
YES u can use the taper thing on certain clippers to make ur own settings like 2.5,2.8, n what not, or u use more pressure to go closer n less pressure to cut less off, thats how u can fade in ur own neckline and sideburns.  Just start, holding real hard tight to skin, then slowly reduce pressure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 3:11pm
Is this a good way to cut your own hair: WTG top-fordard, then bac-down, then sides-slanted, then do it again so you make sure you got evrythin all even?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 5:56pm
CUTTIN IS SUPER EASY!!!!!!!!!!!! I jus did myself today for the 1st time! All you do is put the guard on; I went WTG(the way i brush), wit a 1/8, thas a #2. Everythin wuz perfect, i just got lined up at the barber cuz linin yo self up is kinda hard!
B*E*asy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B*E*asy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 9:30am
      yes, if you want to do a taper, you just set the taper control with the guard on. lemme explain, lets say u want to do a fade, you'd cut your sides and bak, etc., with the taper control to how much you want it to fade, then cut the cut the rest of the hair with the next highest taper setting. depending on the typee of fade you want, the amount of settings used from the bottom up will vary, remember, the hair should go, from the bottom up:short to tall
BAC THEN, THEY DIDN'T WANT ME, NOW I'M HOT, THEY ALL ON ME...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 3:15pm
How often should you cut a #2 to keep it lookin fresh? each wk or wheneva you feel like it? And ATG or WTG?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 2:56pm
And if I do ATG, do i do that with the sides and the bac?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic