Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cuttin Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
ButchBoi05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 5:42pm
Same height but I prefer #3 atg becuz its easier to make sure its all even.
rocawaves23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 6:16pm
When I did a #2 for the 1st time is was all even, but when i did a #1   wit my bro it wasn't. ATG was betta for him. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2006 at 6:35pm
Yeah sometimes it depends on hair type.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 4:58pm
How fast can ya cut ya own hair now, compared to the 1st time?
JordanCollecta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JordanCollecta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 5:44pm
it takes me like 15 min to do my ish. caz i got the professional oster joint
It aint me, its my jewlery thats pissed off

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2006 at 7:12pm
It still take me a while like 20-30mins I guess, but thats becuz Im a perfectionist.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 3:10pm

Aight, say i leave my hair a #2 and i got my waves from a soft brush,  if start usin a hard brush will that affect my waves? Cuz jus 2mins. ago i bought a magic brush that said it was hard but felt like it wuz medium, but its really hard so...........or should i use both?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 3:11pm
Brushin wit the hard on top didn't hurt really but the bac was kinda hurtin a lil.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 3:12pm
Use both.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2006 at 3:15pm
jus brushed sides a second ago........... really hurts. If that was a medium would'nt hurt at all. So how do you boil a hard brush? (plus a hard brush leaves stuff behind i.e. don't wanna call it dandruff, jus "stuff" fallin out from the new brush.)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 2:21pm
How come barbers don't use razors and only use the trimmers, while i gotta use both too try to make it crisp? plus its hard to line yourself up...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 5:18pm
1. barbers got experience it takes time to get real good at lining yourself up
2 Usually if you cant get close enough u might need to adjust your trimmer.
3. i dont even use/own trimmers i just use a razor
brush-dem-naps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brush-dem-naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 9:36pm
 i give ya'll props for cuttin ya own hair..mayne, i couldn't do it. I have before..its not that hard(but hard enough) but theres just something bout a professional cut that makes it look better to me. it's almost....perfect! haha

*Grab Tha Brush And Lets Spin*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 10:06pm
I get a professional cut every once in a while but cuttin my own hair gives me a sense of accomplishment especially when I get compliments I take pride in cutting my own hair.But its not for everybody...lol

Edited by ButchBoi05

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 3:45pm
LOL, yea cuttin is REAL easy. Yea i like dat sense of self accomplishment too. Esp. when your waves are stuntin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 4:36pm
Does cuttin WTG for a #2 really make your hair uneven, or is that only for a numba one.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 4:43pm
With any gaurd cuttin wtg you run that risk of it not being even all I can say is to keep going over you hair until it doesnt cut anymore.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocawaves23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 4:48pm
Aight cuz WTG was the 1st way i cut my hair and when i went to get lined up my barber said everythin wuz aight. Which one is easier ATG or WTG?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchBoi05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 4:56pm
I say ATG its easier and quicker
oceanomics180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oceanomics180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 5:03pm
yeah fam..it takes me about an hour...because i do everything taper the sides back and front of my head...i am a perfectionist also when it comes to edging and using the razor...with the razor to not get bumps..apply water first before you put on the shaving creame...also by some shavcing creame that has bump protection...and also some after shave to apply after your done...the easiest way to line yourself up is to put the trimmers a little bit before the hair line and go up to the hair line...then brush done...keep doing it until you like how it looks...when you get to the sides..start from the side burns and turn the clippers to the side and make a half circle and then clean it up...where the point is just barely touch it at the tip and then as i said before from the side burns go in a half circle motin then to meet at the point...that usually works for me....then to get the round part by the ear..hold your ear down and then start from the round part thats at the back and come foward to where the round part is in the front...make sure that the clippers are turned sideways...so as to just only use a portion of the edgers... 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic