Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! Fusion glue won’t come out.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lwray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Fusion glue won’t come out.
    Posted: February 20 2006 at 2:26pm
I feel so stupid, but ... I took my extensions out this morning because they had gotten too far from the roots, and now the glue won't budge!  I've had highlights put in with fusion before and I removed the glue with oil ... but that's not working at ALL.  I also heard acetone, so I tried an acetone nail polish remover, and it also did nothing.  Hot water, conditioner in the shower ... no good!  HELP!  I still have pieces of glue ALL over my head.  What can I do??
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 3:12pm

Try putting acetone on and then crunching and then acetone and then more crunching with pliers x

[URL=http://www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk]www.hairextensionsbyamanda.co.uk[/URL]
lwray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 3:16pm
Acetone like the stuff sold for nail polish remover? 

And will this work if the main bonds have already been taken out?  I took out the bonds first using the heat clamp to melt and remove them..

Thanks for your response ... I'm still panicking here!!
sarytyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarytyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 3:25pm

Same stuff except you can by straight acetone from the beauty supply store.  How long did you let the hair soak with oil to soften the bonds?  Try to let your hair sit with the oil on it for 30-60 minutes and then if the glue doesn't loosen try a little acetone.  Be careful though and use the acetone sparingly as it can dry out your hair.

Edited by sarytyr
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 3:33pm

heres a demo with the Acetone (bottom of page)...

www.yourhairshop.com/demopretipped.htm

If you dont have the pliers like Amanda says, you'll struggle to budge them.  Or if you have most of them out now, you can put Orange Oil (available at www.shrinkies.net ) or baby oil onto the bonds and leave for a while to soften them, then they should slide out your hair no probs. x

Edited by shel221
lwray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 4:32pm
Ok baby oil - I have that!  I tried that ... I guess I just didn't leave it on long enough. 

I have all the strands of hair out.  I guess I wasn't clear about that.  I removed them using the heat clamp, and they all slid right out, no problem.  It's removing the large amounts of glue in my hair that's killing me.

I guess I'll put a bunch of baby oil on my hair later and let it sit.  Thanks so much for all the help!
shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 5:11pm

If you can, put the baby oil on (lots and lots) make sure all the wax is covered in lots, then wrap a towel on your head and leave it for a few hours (or over nite if you have lots of stubborn bonds) then use a fine comb to gently brush out the remaining wax.  After you have them out, give your hair a good shampoo and condition the middle to ends only.

If left on long enough, this should work, if you find some are still staying strong, you can also use the plyers to crunch them but if this is the case, defo leave the oil on a bit longer.

Let us know how you get on.

xx

TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2006 at 5:21pm
when you are done getting everything out- to get the oil out of your hair use straight dish soap, any kind will do. it will cut the oil.
Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
lwray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lwray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 8:58pm
I let the baby oil sit on my head for an hour and a half and the bonds didn't soften at all.  I ended up picking them apart one by one with my fingernails and pulling bits of my hair out of the bond until I could pull them off with a comb ... one by one.  It hurt ... a lot.  Next time I do fusion, I'm definitely getting full strength acetone and pliers! 
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 9:26pm
oh no lwray  I hope you didnt lose alot of hair. Acetone and pliers are the only way to to go for removing fusion bonds. IMO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic