Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

D-Lux hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-Lux hair
    Posted: February 21 2006 at 11:34pm

Anybody have experience with D-Lux? 

I am in Huntington Beach at the moment spending a few days training with Kristin.  She will be installing a full head on me tomorrow!!!  I'm going to go for the #2, #4, #33 combo!!!! Yipee!

It's nice to be out of the 20 degree weather we were having in Seattle...except I got some Chrysler 300 BEAST-thing for a rental car and I feel like I am driving a hearse.....

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 11:38pm
LOL! Welcome to our world, Aphrodite!

Why don't YOU tell us about that hair after Kristin's done with you. There have been a couple of gorgeous installs posted lately using DLUX.

Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 11:41pm

I will dutifully report back! 

I brought my mannequin head along and I was certain that airport security was going to detain me for having a human head likeness in my bag....they probably just thought I was a freak....LMAO!!!!!!  I do talk to myself sometimes...

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 11:48pm
Oh...like they haven't seen every possible thing at LAX airport security. They were probably just relieved it was a mannequin head and not a human head like that Haitian lady had.

Be sure to go look at the beautiful Pacific tomorrow...or at least before you go home. The most beautiful sunset I have ever seen (and I've seen them in lots of countries) I saw by accident in Huntington Beach...
stacey_m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 12:45am
I used to use synthetic hair for installs and have only recently been using human hair, so I don't have much of a basis of comparison for the d-lux. BUT, I recently installed some using shrinkies and have been impressed. I haven't had any problems with... well, anything. It's been holding up really well (despite how much I torture it) and it's still very untangly and soft. This experience with d-lux has the potential to convert me to human hair.

The only problem that I had with it was that the 613 is a little bit dark for my hair.  But I have that problem with every brand of hair I buy, so it's not a big deal.

I would post pictures, but I am incredibly unphotogenic-- One of my nostrils always looks bigger than the other in photos...For some reason, I'm the only one that notices it

Regardless, I've been very happy with how well it wears and haven't had any problems with... well, anything!

So, my uneducated opinion is that this hair rocks!
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 12:57am
Every opinion is valuable and worthy, stacy_m. Thanks for posting yours! And regardless of your perception of your photogenicity, try to post some pix of your hair - even just from the back. You'll get some great feedback.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 1:01am

When I went to a hair class in LA, we were required to bring mannequin heads as well as our cutting implements.

Well, When I picked up my suitcase, there was a note from airport security basically stating my bag was selected for further inspection.  Someone must have pooped their pants when they saw a head and  scissors and razors on the x-ray screen!

Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 1:11am

Stacey - thanks for your input! 

I am excited to test out this hair and hang out and learn from Kristin for a few days...I will be trying a combo of shrinkies as well as fusion in my install.  We will also be doing weft installs. 

I just need to now figure out how to fit the mannequin head in my purse.....arghhhhhh.... 

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 5:39am
 I wanna be in California right now! Im so tired of cold weather and would love to meet up with all the Cali girls!

Edited by sherrie215
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 6:49am

I did a full head install using D-Lux on a friend. . she ADORES it. . .so far so good. . .it was SO easy to work with those keratin tips and the glue is nice.

I also got a 25 strand pack for myself and gotta say that I think I am truly going to love this hair!!  I got the 24/613 mix and the color is gorgeous.

Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 11:49pm

Ok.  So I had about 4 oz installed and it looks FABULOUS!  Either she or I will post pics soon....stay tuned!  The D-lux hair feels wonderful and I will continue to report as the weeks go by...

What I am amazed with is the array of color combinations available with this hair...she truly has customized blends with her supplier and offers them "off the shelf" so to speak...the combinations are endless!!!

I learned an incredible amount today and tomorrow we will be doing more....I think I may become a fan of "fusion"...

Kristin is a true professional and a joy to learn from!  D-lux rocks so far!!!!  

greathairday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 5:44am
Does this hair have some wave to it or is it poker straight? After
all the good feedback I'm thinking of giving it a try, but poker
straight doesn't blend too well with my shoter layers.
Why not have a great hair day???
Synne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 6:59am

Wow, I wish I could go and visit Kristin and learn from her.

I can“t wait to se pictures of your hair.
I have a full head of D-lux right now, and I love i to. Great colors, soft hair .. the works .

sammyJB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammyJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 9:21am
It's pre-tipped only isn't it?
stacey_m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 10:52am
I'll try and coerce my boyfriend into taking some pictures and then I'll post them.  Why not, right? Just be forewarned about the nostril thing

Now all I have to do is work on my issues with computers... you think that I would be better at it, considering that I'm a grad student and absolutely everything I do involves computers. But I'm determined to figure out this picture posting thing.

Just so that you know, I'm just sitting here and thinking dreamily of the days of Super Nintendo and Atari...
greathairday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greathairday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 8:18am
bump - how is the d-lux holding up?
Why not have a great hair day???
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 11:03am

D-lux is holding up nicely so far..it has only been a week...

Kristin has photos and she was going to post them....Kristin??????

Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 11:54am
Ohh!! I love hearing about good hair!!! Makes me all warm and tingly
inside!!!

Man, I am such an addict!!

I can't wait to see pictures!!!

And Aphrodite--"I do talk to myself sometimes..." lol, don't we all??
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 6:59pm
Naked Eye...as long as we don't answer ourselves, I think we are ok...LOL
Aphrodite View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aphrodite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 7:06pm
Naked Eye - you know, you look alot like my avatar!  You could be my modern-day salon model!!!!  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic