Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Special hair band?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Special hair band?
    Posted: February 22 2006 at 5:41pm
I was wondering if anyone knew where I can find a special band, to put my hair up. Say as if I'm putting it in a ponytail, but instead, pile it on my head, and attach a headband so it stays in place on top of my head, then put a beanie over it so I don't have to worry about it and it can grow longer. thanks.
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 1:05pm
How about a hair scrunchie?

Weather Forcast - With high humidity in the air, expect general hair frizziness to continue :-/
Current Length: 30 inches or so from the front
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 4:39pm
Would a scrunchie enable me to do what I just said:pile hair on head and leave it up that way so I can put beanie on and hair won't fall down so I don't have to worry about it? Otherwise, do you know of a head/hair band that would best accomplish this? Anyone? Thanks.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 8:11pm
Okay, so let me see if I understand this... dude20 asks a question, Tyranna answers it, and then dude20 asks if that's the answer.

Do I read between the lines that you want something other than a scrunchie?  If that's the case, I don't have answer for you.

Wearing your hair piled on your head will get you lots of attention (maybe, most of it unpleasant), regardless of whether it's held in place with a scrunchie or anything else.

I'm certainly not passing judgment on the style choice.  Just be prepared for lots of grief from others, if that's the look you choose.

dancingbarefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbarefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 11:43pm
If you just want to pile it on your head and put a beanie on it, you probably
don't need any fastener at all. The beanie itself should keep the hair from
moving, provided it's not a really loose beanie.

But I agree with Dave that if your hair has any sort of bulk to it, it might
garner you some strange looks to wear it like that.
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 8:06am

I manage to keep all my hair uo under a flat cap with no grips etc.

Just hoke hair in a pony tail and twist it so the whole length looks like a rope, pop cap/beanie over it and hey presto!

As long as you keept it tight it should look fairly inconspicuous.hope that helps

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 7:10pm
I just re-read the subject from the LH board listing and that it was started by "dude20" and I thought, "hmm... Special hair band.... you mean Ratt?  Or maybe Poison?  or..."  

Okay, I know that wasn't helpful, but I just had to say it...

Edited by DaveDecker
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 1:09pm
What do the ratt or poison band members hair bands look like dave?
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 10:27am
Originally posted by dude20 dude20 wrote:

What do the ratt or poison band members hair bands look like dave?

http://www.therattpack.com/  ...as they appear today.  Back in the 80s they had huge and long hair.

http://www.poisonweb.com/ ... as they appear today.  Back in the 80s they had huge and long hair.

You could probably google for more info and pics from the 80s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic