Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tan easliy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pharrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pharrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tan easliy
    Posted: February 22 2006 at 8:36pm
and I am of african american decent and I only went outin the sun(track) for 3 day and im like 4 shades darker it there any way for me to get back to my natural color pleas ehelp me!!!!!!!!!!!
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 3:18pm
Try exfoliating..although I wouldn't recommend it if youve just been in the sun cuz your skin would be quite sensitive....But that's all I can think of. Just try a gentle daily exfoliation and wait for it to fade, I guess.

SOrry I couldn't help much! I used to be quite the tanner, I would even lay outside in my back yard all alone so I could get a tan and impress my friends that night hehe. But for some reason now, I'm somewhat allergic to the sun, myf ace gets all swollen and stuff, so I have to stay out of the sun :(
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 9:02pm

Dear pharrell
I sympathize.  I had the same problem here 3 weeks ago.  I was given the same advice to exfoliate. 

Yes, our skins are easily tanned due the excessive melanin production already there.  The more melanin, the easier it is to get darker than we care to be.

Well, I'm Choctaw (mestiza) to give you an idea  (light golden type) and now am still exfoliating with soy milk, lemon, and cornmeal.

I think I will try to find another ones advice on this matter.

That's what I get for going to the beach when the sun was obviously too strong.

caramel21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 1:44am
For anyone wondering about skin lightening lotion. I bought an overnight mask from one store on ebay, which is working out very nicely. It hasn't whitened my face, but it faded the marks I had from acne and has lightened the rest of my face to the color inside my arm, which is lighter than my surrounding skin. It dosn't work overnight, but within a few weeks it is very noticeable. I hope this is helpful to anyone else who might need to lighten some darkening or discoloration on their face. They also sell the powder that lightens the skin, which you can mix in your favorite lotion. The person who operates the store is also very helpful. There should be a link in my signature to the store.
http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 10:33am
I wouldnt worry about it too much. I live the Bahamas and I am lightskinned. All it takes is one trip to the beach for about two hours and I am about 3 shades darker. But after about three days I am back to my normal color. So dont fret. It's not permanent just be patient. Hope this offers some consolation.  
My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:26pm

srry but stupid its summertime we always get blacker in the summer time, when the temperature decreases our color goes back to norm

"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:57pm
I know what you mean Pharrel, because this happened to me years ago when I went to Florida.

The best thing to get an exfoliant scrub for the skin.

I wish I knew about this then.

HTH

Edited by Hair Goddess - June 22 2006 at 1:58pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by SupaFresh208 SupaFresh208 wrote:

srry but stupid its summertime we always get blacker in the summer time, when the temperature decreases our color goes back to norm

I hate that too.  I try to stay indoors as much as possible and go out at night.  I work from home, so this is easy for me to do most of the time anyway.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by caramel21 caramel21 wrote:

For anyone wondering about skin lightening lotion. I bought an overnight mask from one store on ebay, which is working out very nicely. It hasn't whitened my face, but it faded the marks I had from acne and has lightened the rest of my face to the color inside my arm, which is lighter than my surrounding skin. It dosn't work overnight, but within a few weeks it is very noticeable. I hope this is helpful to anyone else who might need to lighten some darkening or discoloration on their face. They also sell the powder that lightens the skin, which you can mix in your favorite lotion. The person who operates the store is also very helpful. There should be a link in my signature to the store.

Thanks for the link. Great idea!  I'm currently using 'Nonie of Beverly Hills AHA's', plus I exfoliate more often and use a great spa mask on my face and neck.  Plus occasionally I go to the skin spa for a VitaC natural bleach treatment.  It's $65. but it's worth every penny..plus you come out feeling like a princess.
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 6:00am
hehe im the opposite! does someone wanna give me some of their excess melanin?? Im whiter than white and all i do is freckle =(
*~earthangel*~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *~earthangel*~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 10:30am
LoLs @ 222Chik
My Fotki

[url=http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/24680082][/ur
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 9:00pm
it will fade off in the winter dont go off wasteing money on anything and for now on SUNBLOCK is your key if you were wearing this at a good spf you wouldnt have to many problems good luck!:)

OH and one more note Dark is a very attractive color why would being lighter be better. IM sure you look sexy:)

Edited by babycheeks24 - June 23 2006 at 9:01pm
Babycheeks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic