Hours of Work

Post Reply Post Reply
Hours of Work
Direct Link To This Post whhoiskad August 01 2006 at 2:51pm  Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post Reply Reply
Hi All,

I am interested to know what hours everyone works, i suppose it depends on the nature of the job, just curious to see

I work 8am till 5pm with weekends off. 
Direct Link To This Post jamaicakid85 July 10 2007 at 6:14am  Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post Reply Reply
I work from 6:30-2:30  and I'm in the coast guard.
Direct Link To This Post MaryPoppins August 02 2007 at 9:12pm  Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post Reply Reply
I work 9-5:30pm with weekends off.  I would love to be able to pick my own hours.  I think I would 8-4:30pm or else 10-6:30pm.... that would be ideal for me. 
Direct Link To This Post jamaicakid85 August 02 2007 at 9:19pm  Quote jamaicakid85 Quote  Post Reply Reply
I can pick my hours but I can't pick something crazy like anything starting past 8:30 AM so I have some flexibility.
Direct Link To This Post stormy_seas August 02 2007 at 10:28pm  Quote stormy_seas Quote  Post Reply Reply
i manage, so i work when the work piles up, lol

and i go out and fill hours when employees dont show up
im only 17, and got my own business
BALLIN!

not really, its organized grass cutting, lol
i send people here and there so they have regular clients
and i get a lil off the top

Direct Link To This Post MaryPoppins August 06 2007 at 1:36pm  Quote MaryPoppins Quote  Post Reply Reply
Hey, that's awesome!  It's the starts of your own business and sounds like you're an entrepreneur.  Keep it up!  
Direct Link To This Post HairInfo September 04 2009 at 2:50pm  Quote HairInfo Quote  Post Reply Reply
I think your right this all depends on the job that you have. I just graduated from The Vision Academy and got a job in a salon nearby. I work Monday through Thursday for 6 hours and on saturday for only 4 hours. This is the schedule I picked because of other activities.

Edited by Karen Shelton - March 13 2014 at 10:11am
Direct Link To This Post brandybellow September 14 2009 at 11:27pm  Quote brandybellow Quote  Post Reply Reply
I'm a hair stylist and I work six six hour days at two salons in Seattle.
Direct Link To This Post shinning_likeme March 02 2014 at 3:46pm  Quote shinning_likeme Quote  Post Reply Reply
hey there,

I recently found out that I have been working for 8 hours a day.

Edited by Karen Shelton - March 13 2014 at 10:10am
Direct Link To This Post *Chani* May 29 2014 at 2:38am  Quote *Chani* Quote  Post Reply Reply
Interesting topic.  I do free lance work so I tend to spread my work out throughout the day, but I generally am working at least some hours, 7 days a week.  I love my job, but I do have to stay on top of it.
Direct Link To This Post mariechin1234 December 30 2014 at 9:02pm  Quote mariechin1234 Quote  Post Reply Reply
I work on 3 shifts, 7am-3pm, 3-11pm, 11pm-7am. Not that bad but a bit tiring :D
Direct Link To This Post JeannaDark March 04 2019 at 4:15pm  Quote JeannaDark Quote  Post Reply Reply
I work as a freelancer, so my time is always changing.
Direct Link To This Post Huntlylove April 17 2019 at 10:41am  Quote Huntlylove Quote  Post Reply Reply
Originally posted by whhoiskad whhoiskad wrote:

Hi All,

I am interested to know what hours everyone works, i suppose it depends on the nature of the job, just curious to see

I work 8am till 5pm with weekends off. 

So for me it really depends. Obviously towards the Winter I have less clients so I tend to have shorter hours. I typically start 9 and finish at 6pm, but there are times where I get walk-ins who are mostly men which takes me like 15-30 minutes to do there hair. Typically thought I would say 8-9am to 6-7pm.

Edited by Huntlylove - April 17 2019 at 10:41am
Direct Link To This Post HeadBoy April 17 2019 at 10:38pm  Quote HeadBoy Quote  Post Reply Reply
8:00-5:15 Monday through Friday. I work every other Saturday and I get either Tuesday or Thursday off on the weeks I work Saturday.  
 Post Reply Post Reply