Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Proactiv?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DeeNeedsWaves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeNeedsWaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proactiv?
    Posted: February 26 2006 at 2:04am

Does it work ?????????????

Im thinkin bout buying it jus want feed back

Edited by DeeNeedsWaves
Naked Eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naked Eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2006 at 7:58am
I didn't have any luck with it. It was too harsh and drying for my skin.
Usually people who see some results with it are people with really, really,
oily skin. Mine was more sensitive, so it made my skin all dry, red, flaky,
and itchy.
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 9:19pm

i had the exact same experience with Naked Eye, my skin got extremely dry to the point where i would  get scaly dry skin and couldnt even open my mouth because the skin would flake and peel it was prety gross it made my skin very clear though but my skin was so dry i couldnt put up with it so i got off of it, if u have normal to dry skin i suggest that you do not use the cleanser at all, do not purchase the cleanser as it is responsible for the overly dry skin. Just purchase a good acne fighting cleanser and use the toner after you finish follow with the repairing lotion let it dry and put a good moisterizer over the repairing lotion as it keeps the moisture in your skin that way then finish off with dabs of the repairing mask to spot treat your pimples this works for me and many others, my friend actually suggested this to me and it works well so i get the benefits of proactive without having dry skin.

-Goodluck

btw Naked Eye if thats u in ure avatar you look amazingly beautiful and i adore your tanned skin!

Edited by baby*flower
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 3:28pm
I have used ProActiv...it worked well..except my face became very shiny and oily-looking...I does help clear my acne however. I now only use ProActiv at night...and Velocity by Mary Kay in the morning...which I love!

Edited by palikane
cocoabrown26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocoabrown26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2006 at 10:27am
Well now I'm using Retin A, but before that I had started using Murad Acne Complex.  It was amazing!  I have the very sensitive combination skin, but Murad didn't dry my face, didn't irritate and it did clear up my acne.  Eventually I probably will have to stop the Retin A and go back to Murad, because the retin a  is too harsh.  I switched to see if the Retin A has better results, I can say it has cleared up my acne scarring, but the side effects are brutal.
palikane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palikane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 4:40pm
I know I said that Proactiv works...but then over the weekend I went to a Lancome makeup counter...where I also got some skin tips. I found their products (although expensive) to help *amazingly!* Especially a product called Sensation Totale..which evened out redness throughout my face and Aqua Fusion moisturizer. I figured I should put this in to say that I have stopped using Proactiv...
agirard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agirard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2006 at 5:53pm

I Had severe acne and Proactive worked great. I have been using it for one year now and my skin has never looked better. I suggest you try it out. I know people who have had great luck with it and others not. I am faithful to it and would not even chance using anything else.

Good Luck.

manstoppers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manstoppers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 4:02pm
I haven't tried proactiv yet, however for those of you with sensitive skin, I really had sucess with the Eucerin line for sensitive skin, they have a daily clearing lotion that really keeps my skin clear you should be able to find it at most drugstores IE walgreens. My sister uses proactiv now & she is a marykay rep, but their stuff didn't work for her. I was thinking about trying proactiv since I left California there is no walgreens in my town but there is one under construction now (yeh!) so I think I will wait...
NDGthaDon View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDGthaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2006 at 10:51am
i got dat good skin i just give myself facials.

SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2006 at 8:45am
lol
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
Cherryblsmgrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherryblsmgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 6:59pm
I haven't personally used the product but I have several friends who do and have seen great results. My sister swears by the stuff. She had a brief onset of adult acne and the Proactiv really helped. 
Follow Your Bliss
caramel21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caramel21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 1:47am
yes it works. My skin used to be really bad in high school. if you are sensitive to the benzoil peroxide, give it a week using less until you can build a tolerance to it. 

Another good product/s to try is by opaltech77 on ebay. They offer products that lighten and peel the skin. They are very effective and not too expensive compared to other companies selling less potent products.
http://stores.ebay.com/opaltech77_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfclZ4QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQtZkm
SupaFresh208 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Royal Rumble 07 Champ.360 Vet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SupaFresh208 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:17pm
lol
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE
andremvp8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andremvp8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 12:46am
Does proactive work for black people?
The future
memee1978 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote memee1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 11:58am
i use proactive and it works wonders for me.
memee
ctez4sho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctez4sho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2006 at 3:15pm
I have not ever tried it
petro seals View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petro seals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 12:22pm
i think i will buy some soon cause i have some bumps to clear up
i keep tha steel in my hands like wolverine.
Lucylu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucylu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 11:44am
I tired Proactiv and everything else - the BESt is AcneFree which is a similar system to Proactiv but not as harsh.  I started out using the whole system but seriously I thought my skin was going to crack and come off......I stopped using the repair lotion all over my face and just a light swipe on any blemishes and sometimes let it all sit there for a few minutes then use an oil lfree moiisturizer on top -  my skins so much better - You  can get acnefree online (acnefree.com) or costco - target - walgreens......cheaper than proactiv too.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 4:58pm
id never suggest using something like proactive that is way to much chemical to put on your skin, tea tree oil from a herbal store will give the same EFFECT and probably better results less drying of the skin!
Babycheeks
Hb is Massisi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hb is Massisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 12:30am
my skin is perfect after using it now i just give facials
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic