Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stress Slowing Hair Growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stress Slowing Hair Growth
    Posted: February 27 2006 at 2:30am

I've had a lot of extra stress in the last month to top off a very stressful last year and as I measure monthly I was upset to see my hair had only grown from 42 1/2" to 42 7/8" I usually get half an inch I know in the grand scheme of things this is small but I had been at 43" before I had a trim late last year and I was hoping to be back to 43" for my birthday in March

Any advice for stress and hair would be really appreciated

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
Cats may have staff but dogs have slaves, tired ones
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 7:18am
Unfortunately when you go through hard times, hair does seem to almost stop growing.  I think the only thing you can do is try to relax more, add more time for naps, meditation, or whatever you do that helps you relax your mind.  Good luck, and hope things get better soon!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 10:30am

Hi Nastasska! I'd say your monthly growth rate is pretty good considering the stress - almost 1/2 inch which you say is normal monthly growth rate for you. When is your birthday in March? Happy Birthday!!! And I'll bet your hair is very close to 43" on that day And wow, can I just say: 43 inches!!!! I'm so jealous. Hope the stress begins to lift over the next year. Get some rest and get out in nature. That always helps me. Other stress relievers for me are: going to bed early, taking a hot bath, drinking herbal tea, listening to soft music, and breathing deeply. Take good care.

Edited by SpecialKitty
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 3:31pm

Nastasska, your hair is so beautiful and I admire it very much  Wishing you the best in destressing. I second the recommendations for tea, meditation, and naps. It also helps me to spend a lot of time in nature settings: gardens, creeks, lakes, rivers. Even better yet, spend time around bodies of water that allow you to see the reflection of your hair.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 6:52pm
Hi Nastasska,

I think my hair's stopped growing, too (though, I guess it is a bit longer).  What is the shape of the ends?  Blunt cut in some way, or does it taper to resemble the so-called "fairy-tale" ends?   With the latter, it can be difficult to assess recent amounts of growth.  Also, how's your diet - getting enough protein?
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 10:55pm

My diet's been very poor lately as I've been having digestive troubles which is why I'm taking Goji Juice  but I've only been on it a month .I've got a stress management CD I listen too but not often enough I've got what I call "ratty" ends

This photograph is about three weeks old

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/fuseli_nightmare-1.jpg" />
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:25pm
Ah yes, I was wondering if it was "you."  

Do you search & destroy split ends?

As for the stress, I assume you are already trying to find ways to mentally deal with the challenges.  Whenever you're under severe stress it's imperative for your health (and that of your hair) to do everything you can to keep your immunity strong.  Vit/min/herb supplement.  Massage.  Reduce caffeine and alcohol.  A balanced diet.  I know, boring stuff, but it does have a positive effect.

I otherwise assume your haircare routines are superb.

IHTH!

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 6:34pm

Hi Natasska.....now where have I seen that head of beautiful hair before?

I'm sorry that you are stressed out right now, all the advice you have been given here is excellent.  Your hair is still gorgeous at just under 43 inches you know :)

Keep your chin up

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 7:29pm
Thanks  Luckily I've never liked coffee (don't shoot) and I don't like alcohol either the closest I get to it is Valerian wine I take occaisionally to help me sleep.I am going to try some Noni Juice even though the price is gobsmacking but it is supposed to be good for hair skin and immune system
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 10:03pm
How about Spirulina?  I've been taking that for a while and I think it's really helped me with energy levels / mood.  I don't get that mid- afternoon slump so badly now   It's nature's superfood!!!
Nastasska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nastasska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 10:21pm
I've taken Spirulina in tablet form I can't drink it though it's a taste you never forget yes that's something else I should try thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic