Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does this style make my hair look longer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 4:22pm
well I've never seen that Bubba with his hat off so i don't know if he has lots of hair or not?
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2006 at 5:55pm

Philosophygirl.....go for it!! I'm aiming for world conversion by 2007  Just some advice....try Body Art Quality henna instead of the pre-mixed kind (like Lush is).  You can get it online at mehandi.com  That way you will know what you are getting and be able to predict the results a bit better.

PM me if you need any help!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 3:31pm

Thanks Rini,

I'll def. have a look at that.

Used to love the colour but got fed up of clogging my drains and not being able to find good henna!  Last time I used a body shop one and it was awful and I know it wasn't me as I've been henna-ing on and off for about 8 years. 

Plus I'm a bit lazy......

The Amla oil I'm using has given my colour a bit more depth and it looks really great. Ahhhh how I love my amla oil........

Katharine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katharine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 9:21pm

Philosophy Girl,
I second what Rini said.  Mehandi.com has awsome body art quality henna that is great for hair and its not expensive. I love it. I mix mine with indigo and amla powder. They have those too if you need any.
Best of luck!
Katie

philosophy girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philosophy girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 4:28pm

I checked it out, but it's a bit too expensive for me

Hoped the company I get my oil and shampoo from would have it but they don't!  Luckily my home town has a large Idian population so I should be able to track down some very good quality henna rather cheaply next time I go to visit my parents (either that or I'll get my mum to send some up!).

I found a gorgeous hair toy today but it was £15 so I'm going to save up for that, which will be easier if I can get free henna from my lovely mum!  

KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 6:07pm
Rini... your hair looks great like that. It's grown alot since August.  I cant wait until mine is that length again! I am guessing around June.
Kelly
MissMareeJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 8:57am
Rini,

I tried this style, it makes my hair look longer too! It's a good one. Now I
just need to get one of those snazzy hair toys...
Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist
redhairedgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redhairedgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 7:41am
Sorry I'm so late on this one Rini

Yes that style does make your hair look longer...very sophisticated too. BTW I'm using henna too now
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 8:00pm
SarahJane....I want to see a pic of your hennaed hair! Do you love it? Has it affected your curl? Are you using BAQ henna?  C'mon...tell tell tell!!!

ataraxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataraxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 8:48pm
Rini, thanks to your post i went on a serious mission to find one of these hairtoys...it does look longer and the toy looks great & puts little stress on the hair. this is my solution to no more hair ties 

i did a bit of a different updo with it, twisting it down, then up, then down again, so i had one twisted loop at the top & bottom of the toy. it felt great, but my boyfriend also pointed out that you can't see anyof the length that way. i need to spend the time for the french braid one sometime.

you henna freaks are making my crave red hair again. stop it! lol...i got my henna & indigo samples, and will probably test that on sunday. altho it's expensive, it's so much better for your hair. i've read the first treatment or 2 may feel icky, but after the 2nd or 3rd it will feel amazing.

Edited by ataraxy
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 8:52pm

ataraxy....join us....mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! 

Actually, the first time you use henna your hair will feel AMAZING.  It's neutral henna (Cassia Obovata) that doesn't always feel that great on the first application....takes some time to work.

I just hennaed yesterday again and I'm sitting hair with silky soft hair that has blinding shine (although I can't do a thing with it! )

Let us know how you get on with the henna/indigo!!

MsSerenity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSerenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:05pm
I need pictures of my hair after I henna it this weekend. Maybe I can learn how to share them as well. :)
As fate would have it, my business is all about you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic